Request For Quote- Ongoing project, aluminum parts needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchacich

I currently source parts locally, but I decided to try RFQ work.com

1) Material type 6061 Aluminum
2) Is a material quote required or is material supplied. Material quote required
3) Quantity 10 (initially to see quality)
4) Drawings should be immediately available or necessary specs. Solid model also available if required
5) Required time frame 2 weeks
6) RFQ ending time 6/7/2009

Saw cut edges must be machined. Tolerance is .005 except where specified. Please let me know if I am missing anything as this is my first post.

I require this and other parts on a continual basis.

Best Regards,
Ron

Attachments

• 200-0021.pdf
    74.9 KB · Views: 297
  • 200-0021.dxf
    222.1 KB · Views: 86

rchacich

Standard 3/8 x 6 6061 aluminum plate should be used. I was told the tolerance is +/- .008" which is fine for the 3/8 and 6" dimensions. All dimensions should be taken from the same side to maintain center to center distances on the holes.

Dualkit

Standard 3/8 x 6 6061 aluminum plate should be used. I was told the tolerance is +/- .008" which is fine for the 3/8 and 6" dimensions. All dimensions should be taken from the same side to maintain center to center distances on the holes.

Sorry for the misunderstanding the +/- .008 was for the 3/8 only, the 6" width
was quoted anywhere from +/- .034 to .044.

rchacich

Ok,
So standard tolerance of the 3/8 x 6 plate is fine. No need to machine all the way around or surfaces of the plate. If the 6" dimension is off more than .010" the machining should be centered on the plate.
Also, the tolerance of both slots will be opened to .005" to prevent unnecessary accuracy.
Ron

besc

Ron. You are showing a width demension on your oval as being 3.0000 with a tolerence of +.005 and +.003. If I may I beleive you mean +.005 -.003. Also if the general tolereance is +- .005 then 4 decimal places on your dimensions is not standard. Anyway I hope you stick to your ending date of 6/7. Some people have been ending there said ending quote dates way before they say they will. Thanks. Mike.

rchacich

Mike,
Thanks for your response. I work a lot with Taiwan and Europe, so I keep forgetting that people in the US aren't used to seeing dimensions like that. The dimension you are referring to is a 1.500 nominal slot that I want oversized. I will change the print to 1.503/1.508. Sorry for the confusion. Also, the .375 nominal slot on the back of the part will be changed to .378/.383. I have the print at 4 decimal places because machinist that I used in the past wanted to key in numbers to four decimal places. Less decimal places used to cause them issues when keying in profiles with radii. I will keep this in mind when I detail future parts.
I will keep the RFQ up through 6/7. This is my first RFQ, and I think this is a great resource for machined parts. It will allow me to design and manufacture more equipment. The only drawback that I see is that my prints can get in the hands of my competitors.
Ron

Matt@RFR

The only drawback that I see is that my prints can get in the hands of my competitors.
Ron
Ron, it is acceptable to simply post a couple .jpg pictures of the part from different views (3D being preferable) for guys to get an idea of the part, and mention the overall sizes. We will know if we're interested or not based on the pictures, and if we are, we can send you an email requesting the actual prints and/or models. You can even send out a NDA form for signature before sending your prints/models. Everyone will understand that.

hawrm76

quote for plate, gantry

Quote: 6061 aluminum mill finish. $88.65 each, includes material, machining. S/H I would need your zip code

Last edited:

rchacich

CNCworld,
A PDF and DFX are available for download from the first post. Do you require something different?
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.