Request For Quote- Small stainless rods for swiss machine work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tolix

I can supply the .079 (2mm) stock 303 stainless from Mcmaster in 1 or 3ft lengths.

We need the smaller quantities in under two weeks; ideally within one week.

Please quote:

Connecting rod: 40, 100 each
Spring rod: 80, 200 each

jPjOZO3.jpg

-
ENxR0ur.jpg

Thank you.

With the high purchasing power of the American dollar vs. our Canadian it might make sense to have work done in Canada.

Tight tolerances but nothing that can't be handled. If you would consider a Canadian company shoot me a message and I will send you a quote!

Thanks

Thomas Oosterveen
External Sales Manager
Nielson Manufacturing

Tolix

After responding to all requests I have received one quote from overseas. I am looking forward to more options.
Many thanks.

Dualkit

After responding to all requests I have received one quote from overseas. I am looking forward to more options.
Many thanks.

I am not interested as I have the perfect machine for it, but it has been down with a mystery illness. A word of advice, with those tight tolerances stay away from any shops from "Overseas" if they are China, India, Vietnam, third world country types. Not saying there aren't shops in China that can make your parts, they just don't bid on jobs at places like RFQ.Com. Good Chinese shops also charge 60-75% of what a decent USA shop would. There is a person in here posing as USA based that I will guarantee is doing nothing but playing middle man for Chinese shops. You might get a 60 cent on the dollar bid, but it will be because he put his fat mark-up on it and he gets his parts from a shop in a grass hut that checks parts with a ruler for 2 cents on the USA dollar. I have had past friends who worked for places that sourced to China finding one that does accurate close tolerance work is very difficult. If I were you I would ask a lot of questions on how someone was going to make and inspect your parts, I think taking the low bid here will get you scrap.

Tolix

Thank you for the input Dualkit. Tolerances and delivery time are priorities on these parts, so most likely will go with a shop in North America.

marktaylor2180

Hello,tolix
I have seen your print.We are based in San Carlos Ca the Bay area for Quick Air service for small items
We have the capabilities for this work here at Keller Industries Please send 3 d files to www.kellerindustriesinc.com
Check out our Site.... thanks again
Att: Mark Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.