Small job - SS 303

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dualkit

What is the tolerance on the 5/16? I have some .317 diameter 316 stainless, would that work? 316 is also non-magnetic and corrosion resistant like 303, but
is harder on the Rockwell scale.

kvnlrndt

lee tooling

Dualkit

I agree. For example, you just (low ball) quoted a job that was awarded two months ago. :rolleyes:

Agreed, posting quotes in the open make a person part of the problem, that just
creates a reverse auction. If I was posting work I would also be leery of someone who doesn't understand why 50% of what they type is underlined in red.

louispechmann

Odd, you can write pretty good English, but seem to have poor reading skills. Why do people try to quote jobs that are awarded? The other poster that quoted way late is obviously illiterate, what is your excuse?

Hey dumb ass wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Just started with this site this morning. Sorry I don't meet your standards. Next time you have a remark like that meet me in person.

Dualkit

Hey dumb ass wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Just started with this site this morning. Sorry I don't meet your standards. Next time you have a remark like that meet me in person.

Let me get this straight, you are begging for work on an RFQ that has been awarded months ago, I just pointed that out, and now you are calling me a
"Dumb Ass" and want to meet me in an alley, and at the same time making excuses for yourself ( I just joined ). How old are you? 16? A man would own
his screw up when it was pointed out, and not resort to name calling or threats.

louispechmann

Let me get this straight, you are begging for work on an RFQ that has been awarded months ago, I just pointed that out, and now you are calling me a
"Dumb Ass" and want to meet me in an alley, and at the same time making excuses for yourself ( I just joined ). How old are you? 16? A man would own
his screw up when it was pointed out, and not resort to name calling or threats.

Begging for work? meet in alley? age? name calling? I'm sorry if I hurt your fealings. Please forgive me.:eek:

Starlight

Starlight Machining
Self-acceptance

This Dualkit has a lot of time on his hands I find him in other forums and he's always got something to say about everything usually not good. So keep in mind there is always someone in the peanut gallery with a comment. He sounds like a very lonely man. Don' t let him get under your skin, sometimes people have to but others down to lift them self up. They say it can also be a lack of self-acceptance.

Matt@RFR

That's cute. What if Dualkit was simply making fun of the guy for trying to quote parts that were awarded months ago, just like he and I both did to the last moron who did the very same thing in the very same goddamn thread?

I have a low tolerance for stupidity. I just don't understand how people think that they can program and machine accurate parts reliably when they can't even comprehend what's going on in a very simple thread. Don't you think that attention to detail is atleast slightly important to a machinist? And what do oversights like these say to potential customers? Hopefully it says all that needs to be said.

Dualkit

I admit the bad things I supposedly have said are directed at people that are not paying attention and behaving in a manner that either makes them look bad
or all of us look bad. Another crime people commit, a poster says "E-mail me for prints" then more than a handful either post asking for prints or pm the guy.
If you can't follow those instructions, how can you be trusted that you are competent in other areas? Too many people not following instructions might get the RFQ poster to look elsewhere to do business. That is bad for all of us.
With spell check there is no excuse for appearing that you have been learning English for only a week, I see things posted from people living in the USA that
you can barely make out what they are saying. It reeks of unprofessionalism
if you can't write legibly get help from someone who can, if you don't proofread
what you write how can you be trusted to inspect your parts.
Thanks Matt for coming to my defense. I was shocked that someone was defending a person who resorted to name calling, and then start calling me a lonely person with too much time on my hands. All this because I don't like people who don't pay attention to detail. I guess the slackers are sticking up for each other.

Starlight

Starlight Machining
Speaking of unprofessionalism or should I say unprofessional behavior this reminds me of a professor of law who was just arrested for acting like a moron. But that’s ok he’s going to be setting down with a friend another professor of law, and have a beer. So to all you morons out there just have another beer I’m sure this could be a good learning experience by Dualkit and Matt. I sure am glad I didn’t have an instructor like you two professionals. The professional machinist I new conducted themselves with PROFESSIONALISM. Have you two ever thought about going into teaching? If a student makes a mistake you could always beat them down with your mouths. I guess that’s how you teach people now. One more thing this is the first forum I’ve ever joined and have never used one before so I know I’ll make mistakes along the way just like machining we all make mistakes and if you say you don’t you’re a prevaricator (liar) to you morons out there someone who does not tell the truth. I feel so much better now talking down to people I feel like I’m on top of the world.

You can comment back but just to let you know I will not be responding anymore on this matter I just can’t join your little beat them down group. It unprofessional!

Have a nice day you guys and good luck. We need more people like you out there.

Matt@RFR

Dualkit, I believe you and I are now in the minority in this new, kinder, gentler society. It's even effected the previously untouchable subsets like the Marine Corps (in which I was in the infantry...if anybody would like to discuss professionalism, you just say the word).

Has anyone here heard of a self-policing society? That concept is now a thing of the past for the most part because it requires that someone get their feelings hurt, and we just can't have that! Now, we have students that are called 'average' when they are not meeting standards that have been set for generations. If they had teachers like we had many years ago, it wouldn't be like that. So, no, I would never become a teacher...they aren't actually aloud to teach anymore.

I guess the slackers are sticking up for each other.
Something like that. :)

Dualkit

Matt your right, I don't fit in. I got a foot up my rear when I screwed up, by my dad, football coaches, bosses etc,etc. I expected it. Been self-employed for over 10 years, I guess I am out of touch. I no longer have employees, economic
downturn. I told them good job and gave out extra money, bought them lunches, etc,etc when they did well, so I figured I had the right to chew some
tail when they screwed up. I was in constant battle with my second hand man over this. This guy was raised by a mother who did everything for him, and never disciplined him. One day when he was installing a prototype I designed and made on a vehicle, he unwrapped something and threw the trash right on the ground. I lit him up for it and he was shocked. He said I had no business
talking to him that way and demanded an apology. The dude just littered on my property, right in front of me. The dude was serious, unfortunately there are
many like him. What a world we live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.