Small Job Quote Needed Shaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerobuilt

Hi All,

I'm looking to have two of these shafts made. 1045 or similar. They are for connecting hydraulic cylinders in parallel. More in the future.

Thanks, Kerry

Attachments

• Shaft..pdf
    9.2 KB · Views: 67

Aerobuilt

Hi,

Yes, they are through all. They are for quick connect with a hairpin cotter pin.
Timeline: when ever.....month or less maybe.
Surface finish: Not sure. The factory finish looks finely machined and only has a very slight movement. It is plated. The inside hole surface coating needed to be factory sanded to get it to fit. Surface finish of 8 would probably do it.

After getting the mic out, there needed to be some dimensional changes. See attached.

This is what I am designing it to be used with.

http://www.lifcohydraulics-usa.com/...te Plus) - Standard Agriculture Cylinders.pdf

Thanks, Kerry

Attachments

• Shaft_REV_B..pdf
    8.4 KB · Views: 75

Aerobuilt

That refers to the center of the fillet radius. It is detailed so the fillet does not interfere with the cotter pin hole.

Thanks, Kerry

Aerobuilt

All,

After speaking with my engineer, I will need to do some redesign. The changes will require two more additional parts. Surface finish of 64, and a material that will be less expensive. New prints will soon follow.

Thanks.

Aerobuilt

Hello All,

New prints are attached. I will need 2 of each components. Surface finish 64 and material is A36 or equivalent.

thanks, Kerry

Attachments

• collar_long..jpg
    collar_long..jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Compressor_shaft&#9.jpg
    Compressor_shaft&#9.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 36
  • collar_short..jpg
    collar_short..jpg
    54 KB · Views: 36

Aerobuilt

New prints posted.

Thanks, Kerry

Attachments

• collar_long..jpg
    collar_long..jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 17
    Compressor_shaft&#9.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 15
  • collar_short..jpg
    collar_short..jpg
    54 KB · Views: 17

Aerobuilt

After consulting my engineer....again.... I have revised the prints to eliminate most of the tight tolerances with the exception of a press fit between the shaft and collars. I will need 2 of each. Hopefully this will reduce cost. Thanks.

Attachments

• collar_long_C..jpg
    collar_long_C..jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 30
  • collar_short_C..jpg
    collar_short_C..jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 26
    Compressor_shaft&#9.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 21

bjones

Shaft Collars

Kerry, the collars are missing a dimension for the step turned on the left end of the section view. This is on both collars, looks like you just need clearance? Please clarify.

Thanks Butch

Status
Not open for further replies.