RFQ for Small 4 or 5 Axis Prototype Part

Status
Not open for further replies.

skibbey

The prototype part in the attached image was created in Rhino, and I can provide a CAD file in almost any format. The part is 1.125" in diameter and 2.54" in length. The concave surfaces of the blades were extruded normal to the core, and then offset by .05" to create solid 3D blades; the convex blade surfaces are therefore not normal to the core. I believe the part can still be milled using 4-axes, but the offset of the convex sides of the blades may make that difficult.

The material can be either aluminum or a plastic that is suitable for prolonged exposure to steam, and the cost should be included in the quote.

The quantity needed is 2, and the timeframe is ASAP.

The RFQ will end at the close of business on 4-9-07.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Water & Steam 3-31-07.jpg
    Water & Steam 3-31-07.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 194

Metalmog

You could try using a 3d printer service for this. You would get a plastic version with a fair finish but not sure that it would withstand the high temp. Use it to make a mold and then cast. Probably cost you about $35-60 and take about 2 hrs.

I have seen some neat tricks done on these laser printers.

Sequence

We have a couple of way we can do this.

The prototype part in the attached image was created in Rhino, and I can provide a CAD file in almost any format. The part is 1.125" in diameter and 2.54" in length. The concave surfaces of the blades were extruded normal to the core, and then offset by .05" to create solid 3D blades; the convex blade surfaces are therefore not normal to the core. I believe the part can still be milled using 4-axes, but the offset of the convex sides of the blades may make that difficult.

The material can be either aluminum or a plastic that is suitable for prolonged exposure to steam, and the cost should be included in the quote.

The quantity needed is 2, and the timeframe is ASAP.

The RFQ will end at the close of business on 4-9-07.

Thanks.

I can do this with metal deposition similar to SLA but with metal. Send me the data in .stp format to ken@teammaroney.com and I'll see if I can quote 2 of these for you. I believe that we could also injection mold this for you out of an engineered resin if you proceed to production with this.

Regards,
Ken M

kevinjia

Our service and advantages :

1. Any orders regarding injection molds and plastic parts.
2. Response promptly(within 8h);
3. The complete quality control system for ever stage of mould-building or mouldings;
4. Rich experiences in the standard for Europe and America and Oceania.

5. Save you 40 % to 60 % cost.

All of our molds and products are exported to America,France,Germany,England,Russia ,
Israel,Canada,etc.

Contact Http://www.wellmold.com now to learn how you can increase your company's profits
by using our services.

With best regards,

Kevin Jia

ShenZhen Well Mold & Plastic Products Co.,Ltd.
Address: ShaXin Road,ShaBo Village,PingShan Town,LongGang district, ShenZhen City,China.
Tel: 86-755-89927193 Fax: 86-755-89927962
Email: export02@wellmold.com Web: Http://www.wellmold.com
Project Manager:Mr. Kevin Jia

kevinjia

Our service and advantages :

1. Any orders regarding injection molds and plastic parts.
2. Response promptly(within 8h);
3. The complete quality control system for ever stage of mould-building or mouldings;
4. Rich experiences in the standard for Europe and America and Oceania.

5. Save you 40 % to 60 % cost.

All of our molds and products are exported to America,France,Germany,England,Russia ,
Israel,Canada,etc.

Contact Http://www.chinamoldsourcing.com now to learn how you can increase your company's profits
by using our services.

With best regards,

Bruce Jay

Tel: 86-755-61288212 Web: Http://www.chinamoldsourcing.com

DareBee

They are definately doing some magic with rapid protoyping these days. As mentioned new machines are capable of making "ready to use" parts for a lot of applications.

Production - I would consider moulding, die casting or even low numbers can be done with sand casting reasonably (if it is accurate enough).

I am considering maybe $2k to machine you aluminum ones and you will need to supply a SolidWorks, parasolid or step file (before quoting) for me to toss into my CAM and see if thats even feasable.

Dualkit

Why aren't people looking at dates? Bringing old RFQs back to the top wastes
everyone's time, of course the Chinese spammer started this.

Status
Not open for further replies.