RFQ for a brass worm gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamtexas

I'm looking for a source to get a replacment brass gear. I've included pics to help describe what I need. Here are the specs I know how to measure;

ID - .551
Keyway - .156
Width @ teeth - .414
Width @ hub - .669
Approx. dia @ middle of teeth - 1.815
Number of teeth - 36

I know pitch and angle may be needed but I've no idea how to measure it.

Thanks Dan

Attachments

• HPIM0507.jpg
    HPIM0507.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 108
  • HPIM0508.jpg
    HPIM0508.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 68
  • best pic.jpg
    best pic.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 83

lstool

Dan,

This geag would not by cahnce be out of an old bridgeport feed unit gearbox would it. If so I have a complete unit sitting around I'd like to get rid of cheep. 6 out of 8 of the speeds work or (8 out of 10) I forgot.

teamtexas

tejasmehta & madmachinist- I'm only looking to get one of these made. I'll check with the gears owner about sending it as a model ( but I don't think it will be an issue).

Istool, the gear actually came out of an elderly ladys motorized scooter. The OEM forces her to purchase the complete gear unit @ Mucho $$$$ and she can't afford to get it fixed on her limited income. I'm trying to find a reasonable solution for her.

Dan

teamtexas

madmachinist, I'm not sure if you can see thread to clear in the pics. but they are about 1/2 gone. Rebuilding the original was an option that the owner had suggested but I'm not tooled up enough to pull it off. Do you think thats something you could do? Give me a rough idea of the hours/cost.

Dan

teamtexas

The worm

Madmachinist, I couldn't see a way to attach a pic to the PM so I thought I would send it here. This shows the mating worm.

Dan

Attachments

• worm.jpg
    worm.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 76

big lathe

Worm gear

Hello, I was wandering about the brass worm gear, is it still available to quote
I once made a gear a little larger than this for a antique lard press lubbricator for an antique steam engine, It works great I did it with a ground up tool and a boring bar, with a indexing head on my bridgeport mill I would be interested in quoting if still available thanks,............ big lathe

Status
Not open for further replies.