Prototype Needed Prototype turning Manual or CNC 6061

Status
Not open for further replies.
- 6061 Al -- Quote with and without material please
- 2 pieces
- 1-2 weeks turnaround from PO (obviously the shorter the better)

Hey all, I'm looking to get a quote on a prototype part below. It's fairly straightforward, there are just a couple of critical dimensions in the drawing. If you do not have milling capability, please feel free to quote without the holes.

All tolerances are +/-.003" unless otherwise noted. Overall diameter can be +.000/-.020 to accommodate variances in 4.5" round stock.

This job will only be available to shops the USA. This, and similar parts will require production runs in the future, so please advise us of you production capabilities with your quote.

Please provide the following information with your quotes:
1. Location
2. Pricing for the quantity requested (and in quantities of 25, 50, 100 if you are able), and whether or not your quote includes material.
3. Lead time for prototypes
4. Contact information
5. Sample pictures or website if available

I can provide 3d CAD files in almost any format if you require them for setup or quotations.

Let me know if you need any more info. PM quotes or send them to blurrycustoms@gmail.com

Thank you all.

Attachments

• bcxh038.PDF
    56.3 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

Metalmanti

There seems to be some bore depth dimensions missing. Can you provide those? also can you provide an email to send the quote to?
thanks

watcha mean by "near side" next to the countersink call out? Also, that .031 radius divot, does one get made by each hole?

It's basically just a 45 deg chamfer on the "near side" of the hole, or the side closest to you in the drawing. Considering the hole is not a through hole, it doesn't really make sense that it is there.:p

The .031" radius seen in detail B is a cutaway view of the o-ring groove. The center of the o-ring groove is on a 3.562" diameter. These are not "dimples" or "divots". I've gotten a couple of questions on that, so I will do better next time.

If any one would like me to post a 3d file, I would be happy to, just let me know!

Last edited:
Thank you all for the quotes we have received so far. Please keep them coming.

We will continue to review quotes until Monday of next week. After this time we will be sending emails to all who have submitted quotes.

Dualkit

Is that .0003 T.I.R. between the two 2.6737-2.6752 bores? That will be next to impossible to hold if you make the lathe op in 2 chuckings. If you make it out of a single chucking it will be difficult to inspect the back diameter with out removing it from the machine, once the part is removed from the jaws you lost your shot at holding .0003 T.I.R.

Is that .0003 T.I.R. between the two 2.6737-2.6752 bores? That will be next to impossible to hold if you make the lathe op in 2 chuckings. If you make it out of a single chucking it will be difficult to inspect the back diameter with out removing it from the machine, once the part is removed from the jaws you lost your shot at holding .0003 T.I.R.

All I can say is, quote accordingly if you would like.

I wouldn't say that this is an easy task, but definitely not impossible.

Dualkit

All I can say is, quote accordingly if you would like.

I wouldn't say that this is an easy task, but definitely not impossible.

Thanks for the response. I have learned many people ignore tolerances when quoting on here. I am pretty sure that feature was ignored in quoting in most cases, it should have tripled the price to anyone paying attention. Since I pay attention to detail my quote would not look competitive compared to those that don't, best for me to pass, so I don't look like I charge too much. Thanks for posting work on here. Hope the winning bidder read the print correctly.

Okay, so we are going to wrap up the quoting here on this job. We haven't contacted the winning bidder as of yet, because we are still debating between 2 or 3 of them.

Bids ranged from $60ea up to $500ea for 2 prototypes.

Status
Not open for further replies.