Newbie here - basic terminology questions.

rolinger

Hello all,

I have a project that I want to prototype. I have completed my first CAD drawing of the design using eMachineShop.com software and online pricing. However, after they looking at my desired material they wrote back saying they don't work with that material.

So now I am on the hunt to use another more universal software to recreate the design so I can have other shops quote me a price.

1. What is a good, universal and preferably free CAD software to use?
2. I need to use 1/8" x 22.5" round metal rod that will be bent in a series of turns/folds, eventually welding the two end points together. The design is basically a one piece metal rod 'hanger', the metal needs to be extremely sturdy with the hopes of supporting 20-25lbs without bending. Not knowing metal codes, can some one please recommend a few codes that might be sufficient?
3. In what forum would I submit this project? Metal rod bending and welding two end points together - I don't know what this would be called in Machinist lingo.

Thank you.

rolinger

To: Clearline MFG (Indiana).

Your Inbox is full so I could not respond to your private message. When you clear it out and make some room let me know and I will respond to your inquiry.

Thanks.

lovejenete

Hi there,

I haven't got any ideas, but I was wondering if you ever got a solution
as I would like to do the same thing. Cheers!

lavrgs