Request For Quote- Live tool lathe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a live tool lathe please email me and I will supply you with info needed to quote a couple jobs. To everyone else, this would be a single lathe op and four vert Mill ops. Or, it could be done with two mill ops and one indexer op.

So, my point is that I would like to get in touch with some shops that have live tool lathes.

prdinquiry@gmail.com

I forgot to mention that I prefer to do business with established US shops. Sorry to those who are not. If you email me please include info on your shop.

RFQ is now CLOSED

Thank you to everyone who responded to me. I received 28 requests for prints and last night I emailed out solid files and basic prints. From here forward I am not sending any more out.
Thank you for taking the time to review our parts. I look forward to seeing the quotes.

Thanks again to everyone who is quoting this job. My daughter became very sick this week and I will be working from home Friday and this weekend with most of next week off to take care of her. I would prefer the quotes to be to me by Sturday, Friday preferably. Late next week I will award the job. After the job is awarded I will post the highs and the lows and also an average. I will also note why I chose the shop I choose.

Thanks again for you time.

RFQ Awarded

Thank you for taking the time to quote our parts. If it is alright I will keep you on my contact list to quote future jobs.

I awarded the job to a local Northern California machine shop that I am confident will supply the consistent quality parts I am looking for. I had narrowed down my top list to four shops that I had done a least a little home work on and felt comfortable that all four shops would be very capable of producing consistent quality parts for a competitive price. In the end the deciding factor was price. There were shops with significantly lower priced quotes, but I did not feel as comfortable with them.

My initial order is going to be 100 parts and with any luck following orders will be of 250+. The price range I received was from the mid $4s for the pair to high $60s for the pair at the 100pc quantity. The price I will be getting for the pair at 100pc will be in the low teens and for 500 pc orders will be under ten for the pair.

I really hate for the decision to come down to just price, but I really would have been happy choosing any of the four shops that were on top of my list. So, it had to come down to price.

Thanks again for taking the time to quote this job.

Status
Not open for further replies.