Quick Quote Needed Does anyone ever get some real work from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmo

I was just wondering if anyone gets work from here or are people just fishing for quotes.

jmo

I was just looking for some fill in work quoted the job for less than the material would cost just to try and get it. Needless to say we didn't smh

GSHRIEVES

Not going to find that here i am afraid. I think a lot of shops list jobs so they can get bids so they are competitive price in the market.

PDQ Machine

My guess is that jobs come up for bid and rather than quote the job wrong they put them on here to get quotes. Probably a case where sales guys don't know what the heck is going on and rather than blow the quote they go fishing here for answers. There are a couple of repeat posters here that I'm very skeptical about... Too bad there isn't a string here that says who jobs are actually awarded to because that would weed out the real buyers from the posers.

woltek

Why go here when you can send your file to a Chinese company and they can do it for a third of the cost, and send it right to your door?

jroger

perhaps a better question would be is anyone honestly posting rfqs and awarding jobs to suppliers they found on this site?

Lane mfg

I have been awarded many jobs, and have repeat business from plenty. most people here don't want stuff made outside the US, that is one of the reasons they come here.

jroger

I have been awarded many jobs, and have repeat business from plenty. most people here don't want stuff made outside the US, that is one of the reasons they come here.

since Febuary 2015(when you joined) you have gotten many jobs/plenty of repeat work from this site?

plutoniumsalmon

I put a few RFQs on here and so far found two people(the other jobs are on hold). I mostly need small stuff in small runs and I do not need it to be made in China. I wish more people posted here as it will be better to have more of a pool of potential suppliers, but I guess for all our new fangled technologies, people still get and find work the old fashioned way.

pagstudio

I put a few RFQs on here and so far found two people(the other jobs are on hold). I mostly need small stuff in small runs and I do not need it to be made in China. I wish more people posted here as it will be better to have more of a pool of potential suppliers, but I guess for all our new fangled technologies, people still get and find work the old fashioned way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wightmachine

I just started my shop a few months ago and am digging for work. I get a few walk ins from the sign in front of my shop but other than that its been slow. Luckily I still work another job so I have some cushion. Still learning what getting work the old fashioned way is. I certainly have alot to learn.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Bryan Oates

We have landed about 15 jobs between here and the other quote forums in the past 6 months. Out of that we have about 4 who are repeat customers now.

Status
Not open for further replies.