Backwards Mori Seiki ???

versa1

Hi All,

We have on the floor in our shop a Mori SL-2 turning center with a Yasnac control and it seems to be backward in the "X" axis in that it needs to be programmed using a negative value in "X" to move from smaller to larger, unlike any other machine I have encountered.

Is this a parameter driven issue, or just the way it was made.

The ''Z" axis is normal.

Any insight that anyone can offer is appreciated, Thanks.

Nathan Arnold

It's a parameter issue. I just bought a used Nakamura-tome lathe with the same issue. I haven't been able to find the parameter in the book yet.

Yeap,

I had the same problem, I was in a hurry and just changed my post processor to go backwards in X. And It works well, I've called yasnac a few times and they are helpful and it's free. I'm sure the have instructions for changing the param's.

Chris

JCYEATES

EXTREME MACHINE
Hello,
I have ran many mori cnc lathes, every one i have ran is backwards in x axis from any other lathe .
jcyeates

grangermachine

grangermachine
changing -x- axis direction

i contacted my local mori dealer after purchasing my 1st mori in 1997 and got instructions on changing the wiring connections on the -x- axis encoder to switch the 'backwards' problem. it is a about a 1 hour job depending on how much time you spend with way covers and such. good luck, mike @ granger machine, inc.

Waynno

Hi All,

We have on the floor in our shop a Mori SL-2 turning center with a Yasnac control and it seems to be backward in the "X" axis in that it needs to be programmed using a negative value in "X" to move from smaller to larger, unlike any other machine I have encountered.

Is this a parameter driven issue, or just the way it was made.

The ''Z" axis is normal.

Any insight that anyone can offer is appreciated, Thanks.

Hello, First post here

I have 5 of these older Mori's (They are all sitting idle, Reason for signing up
to this web site):)

There is no parameter to just swap the X axis on older Yasnacs, The only way is
to do some wiring mods on the feedback unit and maybe swap
two of the three phases on the servo moter.

Not a task if you do not have a background in electronics and electrical

Wayne

JMWorks

Used to run an older SL-5 that was like that, but sitting beside it was new NL3000Y that was like everyone else with X- being towards the chuck from home, I think thats just how Mori did it for a while on some early models. So I am guessing your machine is probably correct, just unhandy.