Request For Quote- 1 to 10 prototypes needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

antelnation

1) Material type: Stainless steel. Whatever type you wish to work with.

2) Is a material quote required or is material supplied: You supply the material.

3) Quantity: Please quote a price to have 1 piece made. A quote to have 5 pieces made. And a quote to have 10 pieces made. I usually mill things myself on my little Taig CNC so I have no idea what this is going to cost. Depending on the price I will have anywhere from 1 to 10 units made.

4) Drawings should be immediately available or necessary specs: Drawing is attached.

5) Required time frame: Flexible, but a finished product deadline will need to be established before the contract is awarded.

6) RFQ ending time: February 14, 2008

7) Full contact information should be supplied upon first contact by email from both parties, neither should have to reply to @.com: contact information will be supplied when asked for.

8) If you the RFQ poster needs help in some of the technical areas then that should be made know initially: I have never made a "machine shop drawing" so if the attached drawing is confusing please ask questions. However, I think the file should make sense to an experienced machinist.

9) Make known any special treatments/finishes not necessarily related to the machining process: Tolerance should be 0.005 inches.

10) All units in the drawing are in inches. The drawing is to scale in Autocad.

11) There are two more pieces to this prototype which, for obvious reasons, I don't want to broadcast on the world wide web. They are similar in size and complexity. Whoever is awarded this job will more than likely get the contract to make the other two parts. I will send the files of those two parts to that person privately.

Thank you.

Attachments

• JNA PART-B-final.dxf
    438.2 KB · Views: 123

antelnation

I noticed a small mistake in the figure titled "BOTTOM VIEW". The piece that is labeled "0.1775" should be equal in height in the (+) y direction to the piece that is 0.500 inches wide. The piece labeled "0.1775" actually is higher in the (-)y direction by 0.0625.... NOT IN THE (+) Y DIRECTION.
This can be clearly seen (and is drawn correctly) in the figure titled "LEFT-SIDE VIEW".
I will correct this mistake this evening when I have access to Autocad and repost the corrected drawing.
--Sorry for the confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.