Small Job Quote Needed Uhmw Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

willjustin

CW-21 INC
Growing company looking for a reliable company to give various machine work too.

Please quote 1, 5, 10 of the following attachment

Material is UHMW

Attachments

• uhmw rod.dxf
    1.7 KB · Views: 74

TimD

It might just be me but I'm having trouble opening your attachment. Has anyone else had difficulties?

Tim

willjustin

CW-21 INC
Sorry the attachment has had problems....
All it is, is a UHMW Sleeve with the following dimensions:
2.5" OD
2.3750 ID
4' (foot) long
+/-.005 tolerances
Please quote 1, 5, 10 quantity

sebtool

That will take some fancy broaching if no one has a tube to fit that bill. Haven't seen any 4 foot boring bars. It's possible to cut and face only.

I think it's another classic case of somebody wanting something for nothing. I emailed details of what it would take to do the job, spent the time finding tubing, figuring fixtures, etc.
Not even the courtesy of a reply..... imagine that.

nmachine

Jobs like that should not even have any time spent on them. Ain't no way
its worth messing with. Thats why when I seen the "small job" and read the requirements I laughed. People do not no what it takes to do our type of work.

willjustin

CW-21 INC
Uhmw

I think it's another classic case of somebody wanting something for nothing. I emailed details of what it would take to do the job, spent the time finding tubing, figuring fixtures, etc.
Not even the courtesy of a reply..... imagine that.

Sorry for the delay on getting back.....We have some large structural fabrication jobs out of the state, and I was in meetings with this. I have looked at the quotes. Thank you for the effort, the customer has up the quantity to 100, and we decided to do these parts our self. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.