Request For Quote- Turned PVC bushing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ypmc

Please quote qty 500 / 1000 / 10000 for the linked drawing:

Drawing: http://pivira.com/rfq18.bmp

Stock is 1/2" nom. PVC pipe, cut to length and chamfered both sides, with the ID deburred. Dimensions +/- 0.010" all around.

This will be awarded on the forum and is not a fishing expedition.

Please e-mail quotes to: quotes@pivira.com

RFQ will remain open until Friday, Sept. 11

Thank you for your time and consideration.

ypmc

No color preference, standard white is fine but if another color is less expensive then that is also fine.

acmfginc

PVC Quote

Please quote qty 500 / 1000 / 10000 for the linked drawing:

Drawing: http://pivira.com/rfq18.bmp

Stock is 1/2" nom. PVC pipe, cut to length and chamfered both sides, with the ID deburred. Dimensions +/- 0.010" all around.

This will be awarded on the forum and is not a fishing expedition.

Please e-mail quotes to: quotes@pivira.com

RFQ will remain open until Friday, Sept. 11

Thank you for your time and consideration.

rfq

Last edited:

ypmc

Would you consider injection molding as an option? It would definately make more sense in the higher volumes.

I would consider injection molding as an option for the higher quantities.

For injection molding the ID should be 0.600" +/- 0.005", OD 0.850" +/- 0.005"

All other dimensions as per drawing.

Thanks for the inquiry.

Larry1

I would consider injection molding as an option for the higher quantities.

For injection molding the ID should be 0.600" +/- 0.005", OD 0.850" +/- 0.005"

All other dimensions as per drawing.

Thanks for the inquiry.

Are these dimensions for the injection molding process or is this what you want ?

Dualkit

I see complicated parts with no tolerances listed and no one asks questions.
Here we have a guy wanting sprinkler pipe chopped up and chamfered and everyone is asking all kinds of questions, it baffles the mind.

Larry1

Measure twice cut once. So it does not baffle you any more, the reason I ask about the injection molding tolerance was that there were not dimensions on cut p.v.c. other than the length. The secound question by me was the schedule of the pipe. Which one would have to know in order to get the correct size pipe. I hope this clears things up.

Dualkit

Measure twice cut once. So it does not baffle you any more, the reason I ask about the injection molding tolerance was that there were not dimensions on cut p.v.c. other than the length. The secound question by me was the schedule of the pipe. Which one would have to know in order to get the correct size pipe. I hope this clears things up.

My comment was not directed at you. It was at how inconsistent some of the people are in here. You are obviously very thorough, so am I. On the flip side there was a part with a 5" long .177 diameter turn on 3/8 diameter steel. People were bidding away and the guy hadn't even posted tolerances yet. Obviously when the guy came back with +/- .001 on lengths and diameters 75%
of the already turned in quotes were too low or the person providing the quote
could not even do the work, as that obviously became a screw machine job,
as I have found must people don't have one. The clowns that quoted early,
before they knew the tolerances ruined it for everyone as the buyer got the low prices in his head.

Larry1

I agree with you. I guess they want the work and quickly give a very low quote in hopes of getting that job and getting more jobs later. But if cost is the only factor then they themselfs will lose a job because of low quotes. Have a good and safe weekend.

ypmc

Thank you

Thank you for all the quotes, the job has been awarded for qty 1000 pcs.

The quotes ranged from $0.18 - $0.85 per piece, the award was made for $0.27 / pc to a US vendor.

Thank you all for your consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.