Quick Quote Needed Transfer Mold

Discussion in 'Mold Making' started by lavrgs, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lavrgs

lavrgs
    The part is a rubbber intake manifold for use on a motorcycle. It goes between the carburator and the head. The environment is HOT but not extremely hot (200 deg - ish) and the material must be chemically resistant to fuel. My first material choice was Viton but I have been told there are cheaper materials that would be appropriate

I am working on pulling budgetary information together to see if I can justify building a mold. The mold would be a four cavity mold and it would have an aluminum insert, which I would supply.

What I am looking for is the cost to make the mold. My initial investigation has told me that multiple cavities will reduce the part cost which is the other part of the equation.

If you can do the molding ,the quantity of parts needed would be around 200 and the material is TBD but it must be fuel resistant and will be in a hot environment.

If this project is a go it would probably start March- May timeframe

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  2. chaz6966

chaz6966
    if you could email drawing to cgreen@sareplastics.com i would be able to get you a quote on mold and molding costs.
    thanks, chuck

3. lavrgs

lavrgs
    Do you have a preferred format? I assume dxf would be good.

4. CBMach

CBMach
    Hi
    You only need 200 Pcs why have to make 4 cavity mold. Waste money?

5. IvanSSilva

IvanSSilva
  6. lavrgs

lavrgs
    200 pieces is what I am thinking will pay for the cost of the mold. I expect to make more parts as needed, and the four cavities will not all be the same

7. IvanSSilva

IvanSSilva
  8. Mr DODGE

Mr DODGE
    Georgia
    if still avail. please contact us with info

WE are STC PLASTICS and would be glad to view this project if still up.
    we design , build , molding

706-253-7676
    Dean Davis

9. If you could email it to jamesking18@hotmail.com,that would be much appreciated,My company is a leading transfer mold manufactor in DongGuan,China.Thanks a lot!

10. Cedtech

Cedtech
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.