Request For Quote- Spiral Bevel Gear and pinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you are looking for hypoid gears. The chances of you finding someone on here to make those I think are pretty slim. Custom hypoids would be expensive. I would look for an industrial transmission components supplier for off the shelf sets or automotive type applications, if you could make them work. Just some suggestions!

Brockent

The problem is there is nobody making these anymore and we and other companies still use them on a regular basis.

Brockent

I may be wrong here but machining them on a 5 axis may not be the best way to do them. I am sure that it can be done really well, but the gear sets would have to be lapped afterward, so unless you have those capabilities it may not be worth doing.

Brockent

Here are some pics, this is all I have as of right now. And probabaly all I will get. I dont see dana just handing over the prints to me for these. The ratio is 12.25-1 If any of you can reverse engineer these and give me a quote I will see what we can get done.

IMG00009-20091121-0824.jpg

IMG00010-20091121-0825.jpg

IMG00008-20091121-0823.jpg

Hi, Unless you plan to purchase at least $120,000 first order you might be better redesigning you product, tooling for that will cost at least $6,000-$8,000 if its not a hob the gear cutter has on their shelf. Yes/no on the 5 Axis, it could be done however just a few sets will be extremely high priced. But it still needs heat treaments, grinding, post heat treat straightening and more.

Brockent

Thanks but we know that. If you had 1500-2000 of these thing out in the field that you have sold and promised your customer you would have replacement parts for and now dana isnt going to provide you with any parts. YOu would be willing to do this also. We know its not going to be easy. But It is funny that at least 5 companys have told me they can do these. 4 of them in the US And they havent said anything about a 100K minimum order. You can about bet that there are some gear cutters out there with some idle machines. Please just tell me if you have the capabilities to do these.

Hi, Unless you plan to purchase at least $120,000 first order you might be better redesigning you product, tooling for that will cost at least $6,000-$8,000 if its not a hob the gear cutter has on their shelf. Yes/no on the 5 Axis, it could be done however just a few sets will be extremely high priced. But it still needs heat treaments, grinding, post heat treat straightening and more.

Thanks but we know that. If you had 1500-2000 of these thing out in the field that you have sold and promised your customer you would have replacement parts for and now dana isnt going to provide you with any parts. YOu would be willing to do this also. We know its not going to be easy. But It is funny that at least 5 companys have told me they can do these. 4 of them in the US And they havent said anything about a 100K minimum order. You can about bet that there are some gear cutters out there with some idle machines. Please just tell me if you have the capabilities to do these.

That is when you should not hesitate and accept their offer before things get better. India should be able to make those fairly cheap, they bought most of the gear cutters out of the Muncie (GM) gear plant a few years ago and most of the major gear plants. I have not seen them buying alot in the last couple of years so it might have slowed down for them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.