Request For Quote- Simple Part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Tech

I have a pretty easy CNC lathe or screw machine part that I would like to give to someone on this forum. (U.S only).

This is a rest button very simular to a DME rest button but the major diameter needs to be 3/4" rather than 5/8".

The material is 4140 annealed. I will send them to heat treat.

The only dimension that I would like to hold consistent is the stem. These will be pressed into a reamed hole and I don't want to be all over the place on which reamer to use. Slight variation on the size won't scrap them.

Once these are pressed into place, the heads will be ground down to about .140". A nice parted finish is fine on the head. Same on the stem. A champher on the stem would be nice but not a must.

A 6' bar will do about 100 pcs. without any thing left to hold on to. If you want to bar feed it, I would take all you can get out of an 8' bar.

Let's quote 100 pcs. for now.

You supply the material.

Terms will be discussed with the winning bidder. I'll keep this open until Wednesday or Thursday. Please quote through my e-mail and not on the open forum.

steve@square-tech.com

Attachments

• rest button.pdf
    9.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Square Tech

Been getting a lot of good quotes guys. I will probably close this out late Tuesday to get the job going.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
Steve

Square Tech

This job is closed and has been awarded to a shop on this board. Thanks for the quotes. You were all within reason and hopefully I will have something else to put out here in the near future.

Steve

www.Square-Tech.com

Status
Not open for further replies.