Sheetmetal Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostbear

The part shown in the PDF, I can provide the Solidworks sheetmetal drawing of if it makes life easier when you build it.

But…

Material: Mild Steel
Thickness: 0.030 inch
Material to be supplied by shop or can provide if necessary, please specify in quote.
Quantity: quote at 25, 50 and 100
Time Frame for Complete Delivery: End of February 2007
Quote Deadline: December 29, 2006

Dimensional Tolerance: +/- 0.010 inch

Please quote two finishes: one straight from machine and one deburred. The condition of the deburr is simply no sharp protruding edges. (none of those little razorblades that some mfg processes make)

I am not limited to the method of mfg: Stamping, Laser and Waterjet are all acceptable methods. And if there are others that would provide a quality part, then I am open to them.

No special coating on the steel, the part will be mandrel bent to final shape so a rust free surface is the only specification.

If I have not provided enough information please let me know. I have multiple parts that I am looking for quotes on. As this is the first one for me, I want to make sure you get all you need.

Thanks

Brad

Attachments

• mod_part_231.pdf
    10.8 KB · Views: 123

Ghostbear

Alright, considering nobody responded to the request. If I may, I would like to know why nobody that is here would even be willing to quote this?

Just wanting to figure out why.

Is it too difficult for the machine?
Too small a quantity?
Too hard to keep the tolerance?

I mean if I am off the mark, I would really like to know.

Thanks

Brad

DareBee

Brad

I can supply those parts.
Reasons I didn't quote in the first place
Typically on these sites there are 50 "home" machinists/fabricators that quote for half of what I will.
I use my time for less "fruitless" labours. (Like surfing - LOL).
I tend save my quoting time for what I consider to be the specialty work that not everyone will be quoting.
We have plenty of local customers anyway.
Also - by the time I get those parts to you (especially in fairly small qty) Shipping and brokerage will end up being at least $50. Generally this puts me way out of the game against your more local non-cross-border suppliers.

I would be very happy to supply you these parts.
I will not waste my time quoting against your local guy.
If you specifically want my help please email or call me.
Derek

Ghostbear

Thanks,

I got a few PMs on this and I am going to see where the domestic side takes me.

At this point, I appreciate that you are willing to let me know what you see as the 'issue' and I honestly appreciate it. I did feel that in some way I may have been priced out by some just in what they ballparked the price at. And because, like anywhere, the people posting want the parts for the absolute lowest cost, that can cause shops to pass because they figure their price will be 'way' out of the estimate of the requestor.

Thanks again.

Brad

Ghostbear

I dont think there will be enough demand for the units to warrant the cost of stamping tooling, unless it is lower cost that what I have been used to seeing. I could see the max quantity at 5000-7000. At that it could add $5 a part for the tooling alone, and that is IF the product is well accepted. If not, then the tooling is a very large and very heavy paperweight.

When I think of stamping for something like this, I think of the rotary stamping presses, that have tooling that would cut the basic shapes. I dont picture a complete stamping that is done in one step. Though I am sure that it would be much easier for a complete part to be ejected than to go through all the steps to nibble out the channels and such.

Ghostbear

Thank you to everyone that contacted me, I appreciate it. The successful bidder has gotten the call and is in process.

I do appologize for the delay in the selection of the shop.

Thanks again to everyone. There will be other items up as other projects move forward.

I will be reviewing all the email and PM responses to make sure that everyone that contacted me gets a response to their contact.

kspence

Hello my name is Ken and I was wondering if anyone ever made these parts for you. If you have not got the parts yet I would like to give you a quote on the part. :)

Gary Holliday

New Jobs Involving WaterJet Cutting

I have a new water jet cutter ($400K). It's available and I'm interested in bidding on any outsource work.

GH

Status
Not open for further replies.