Request For Quote- Screws

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhwatts

I need a quote for the attached drawing (sketch technicaly). These will be purchased mostly in lots of 1000 and some in lots of 500. I need a sample of four screws immediately. There are two screw lengths in the drawing. I am currently interested in the thread length of .380. I have will several variations of these also and they will be typically be purchased in lots of 1000. The head of the screw needs to be slightly round on top not flat. The are also mild steel and no surface finish requirements.

Please price in lots of 500 and 1000.

Turn around would also be nice.

Attachments

• screw.jpg
    screw.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 134

Dualkit

Would 416 stainless be acceptable, you can harden it if you like? What turn around are you looking for? I have two CNC Screw machines with sub spindles that will make this job a snap, but I have around a 2 week back log.

jhwatts

416 would be fine. The four samples I need ASAP but the 2 week back log is not a problem.

Would 416 stainless be acceptable, you can harden it if you like? What turn around are you looking for? I have two CNC Screw machines with sub spindles that will make this job a snap, but I have around a 2 week back log.

jhwatts

I am reopening this RFQ as a result of additional varieties of these screw being needed.

I am looking at quanitites of 500 and 1000.

Also in terms of price I am looking at about .30 cents per screw.

If you feel like you can compete with this please email me at for specifics on the additional varieties jhwatts@quadcenterprise.com

cba1175

30 Cents? Good luck, maybe China. Or a real desperate fool.

Dude you need to chill out, i understand your frustration for not being able to hit the prices, but there are people willing to work for the price, maybe it is the only way to keep it competitive for the buyer. I'm much rather see an American shop lower its prices to keep the doors open than one more part going to China. Maybe a screw machine can do the trick, if you don't have one, just stay out of it.

Dualkit

Dude you need to chill out, i understand your frustration for not being able to hit the prices, but there are people willing to work for the price, maybe it is the only way to keep it competitive for the buyer. I'm much rather see an American shop lower its prices to keep the doors open than one more part going to China. Maybe a screw machine can do the trick, if you don't have one, just stay out of it.

You need to chill. I have a screw machine, in fact I have 3 of them. I would have to drop the machine rate to $20 an hour to do 30 cents, which would not be so terrible if this was a long run job. Problem is people in here are running over little old lady's trying to get work, giving away machine time to get their foot in the door at unsustainable prices, hoping the gravy work is right around the corner, but it isn't. As long as desperate people who have no business sense keep bidding, USA work will go for less than China prices. Eventually the idiots will be out of business, but it hasn't happened yet.

cba1175

You need to chill. I have a screw machine, in fact I have 3 of them. I would have to drop the machine rate to $20 an hour to do 30 cents, which would not be so terrible if this was a long run job. Problem is people in here are running over little old lady's trying to get work, giving away machine time to get their foot in the door at unsustainable prices, hoping the gravy work is right around the corner, but it isn't. As long as desperate people who have no business sense keep bidding, USA work will go for less than China prices. Eventually the idiots will be out of business, but it hasn't happened yet.

I really don't want to get in to this... I think you should stop crying, your saying of "running over a little old lady" makes me think that you have footsteps all over your back... Sorry man I'm just happy for whoever got it, that's what this site is all about, getting work, not unionizing machine shops. Maybe you have too much over head, I know I do, that's why I can't do the job for that price. You have three screw machines and still have time to compliant about other shops prices, maybe you have too much time on your hands. Let's just cut it here, I don't want to make this about you or me.

Dualkit

I really don't want to get in to this... I think you should stop crying, your saying of "running over a little old lady" makes me think that you have footsteps all over your back... Sorry man I'm just happy for whoever got it, that's what this site is all about, getting work, not unionizing machine shops. Maybe you have too much over head, I know I do, that's why I can't do the job for that price. You have three screw machines and still have time to compliant about other shops prices, maybe you have too much time on your hands. Let's just cut it here, I don't want to make this about you or me.

You called me out, you started the beef, I didn't. I just responded to your sh*t talking directed at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.