Request For Quote- Round Band Flange, 100pcs, 304 Stainless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dualkit

I am curious, I think I have seen this part up for bid more than once. Why isn't it going back to the previous vendor for the part? If you had a good experience I don't understand the risk of changing vendors every time. I know there are a lot of hacks bidding work on sites like this, I hope trying to get it cheaper the next time isn't the driving force in this and other cases. Personally I always value a business relationship with someone I can trust, I won't shop unless their price seems out of line, and then still will ask for a small reduction if they want to keep the work. I am beginning to think everyone is all about cheap,
hope I am wrong, because then all of us that go out of our way to provide quality and service are wasting our time.

ar design

Yes, this is a re-post. Original supplier has had some issues with timely delivery and timely/accurate invoicing.

Dualkit

i am curious as to how people are getting material so cheaply.

I think I had the material cost at $8-9 a piece, is that what you had? Either somebody is walking off with some of that, getting some free tooling from their day job, or thinks 304 machines like 303. At $15 and paying for the material, that leaves $6-$7 each for machine time and tooling, that could not yield more than $10 an hour after expenses unless something was acquired free of charge.

runner4404spd

i was getting water jet cut blanks for 11.00 each. probably could have found some thick walled tubing and cut the blanks but i still can't see selling the part for 12-15.00 ea. the only other option i know of is cast stainless but that doesn't hold up like 304 plate.

Dualkit

Every time I get tubing quotes it is way higher per foot than solid. I never thought of the water jet blank idea, maybe someone with a waterjet and a lathe could make these cheaper. But I have always found plate way more expensive per pound than solid. I was getting the solid quoted at $2.25 a pound.

runner4404spd

solid round stock and then slice it into discs? i believe this is why theOP had problems with his first supplier. they finally realized they were losing their A$$ on the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.