Request For Quote- rfq Aluminum Bearing housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRP

We are looking for a quote for 50 and 100 of this part. Would like to have at least 25 by the end of April. Shipping would be to 59412 GreatFalls MT.

New file uploaded 04/02/08 14:15

Attachments

• wrenMainBearing_released20080402.PDF
    50.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

PRP

Yes, the threads are fully through the part as a plate is attached to both sides. Note, if using 2" bar stock the OD does not need turning and would meet the print specifications, this should make it easier to Mfg.

kb0thn

updated print

Hi Guys,

I'm not the guy that originally posted the part, but I am the guy that designed it.

Attached is the updated print for the part. The through diameter of the lip is 1". The chamfer isn't critical. It is just to allow two bearings to be pressed in easily. Perhaps it could even fall under break sharp edges. On the prototypes I just used a deburring tool to put a slight chamfer on.

Sorry for the missing dimension. Rookie mistake!

Also note that we designed this piece so that it could be milled. The prototypes were made from bar stock clamped in v blocks. The important part is that the threaded holes are concentric to the main bore.

-James Jarvis
APRS World, LLC

Attachments

• wrenMainBearing_released20080402.PDF
    50.6 KB · Views: 66

Dualkit

First, can the part be quoted with out the anodizing, my trusted source is
no longer around. Also you just said PRESSED is that +.004 tolerance correct?
I would think one would have to hold +.001 for a press fit on aluminum
at the most, also the radius and tolerance the tapped holes lie on seem to be missing.

kb0thn

pressing, anodization

You certainally can quote it without anodizing. If it is worth PRP's time, I'm sure they'll take care of that step.

The part as drawn and toleranced will be okay. Without knowing the anodization vendor and process we have found it hard to correctly anticipate the anodization thickness. The preload on the bearing (they are sandwhiched between the lip on the part and a bolted on sheet) will make it work with a loose fit (+0.004"). If it is exactly the correct bore (-0.000) then the anodization will make it a slight press in. We are prepared to deal with either case.

Thanks,

-James Jarvis
APRS World, LLC

kb0thn

full thru

Hi bobk,

Yes, the threads need to be fully through as called out on the print.

The bottom radius should be 0.020" or less.

Thanks,

-James Jarvis
APRS World, LLC

whiteheadtool

We are looking for a quote for 50 and 100 of this part. Would like to have at least 25 by the end of April. Shipping would be to 59412 GreatFalls MT.

50 $30.50ea.
100 $28.50 ea.
prepaid or must have credit references.
Quote includes mat.,blk anod & machine complete.fob

Bill Rhoades
Sales Representative
Whitehead Tool & Design, Inc.
27030 State Hwy. 77
Guys Mills,Pa 16327
Ph.814-967-3064
Fx.814-967-3074
whiteheadtool@yahoo.com

bobk

Hello
For 50 pcs $25.00 ea.
For 100 pcs $24.00 ea.
Price includes material and anodizing.
Shipping will be added
Delivery will depend on the closing date! Allow 2 to 3 weeks
Please, contact me with any questions!
Thank you!

coolerworld

Bearing carrier

We would like to offer our quote

50 pcs. without anodize $19.50

100 pcs. without anodize $17.50

Shipping not included from Winchester, In 47394

Payment terms to be arranged before start of order

**also there is no location for the tapped holes on the print that I found**

thanks
brad dillingham
coolerworldinc@verizon.net
765-584-3377

PRP

Job Awarded

Thanks to all of the shops that offered quotes. The Low was $2.91 and the highest bid was for $52.00 Ea qty of 100 (WOW - was that quote for AL or TI?). That was quite the spread. The cost for the part to be made in China was $3.52 ea in QTY of 1000 including shipping to a west coast port. But, in the end we are going with a US shop in MN with a quote of $5.61 ea. We are trying hard to keep parts in the US and to reduce our capital spending so this works out well.

This way my first time using RFQWork.com to look for a supplier and it worked real well! I do have one note to point out. I had been in contact with one vender who had the $2.91 ea quote and halfway through the transaction he disappeared. So in the future Ill make sure I check the business status so I do not get scammed.

Again “Thank you” to everybody who spent time offering quotes!

Logan & Jenni Bryce

Status
Not open for further replies.