Request For Quote- Quick turn around parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have (2) long parts to be made. I have left the material blank, because of the length to width ratio straightness may be problematic. I left the material blank to give you maximum options. These parts are covers and I need sufficient strength to maintain a consistent gap between the cover and the plate beneath. I can use metal (as long as it can be plated (although plating is optional, delivery time more important)). Engineered plastics are also acceptable. I cannot have a material that sheds.

I need the parts delivered to NH by 3/25. I will issue a Purchase Order this week (RFQs must be received by 3/11 @ 5pm EST). I will not source outside the United States.

Plastics I have considered thus far:
Ultem 1000, 2300
Tecamax

Please quote price, delivery, and material you will make the part out of. Please make sure you take note of the straightness spec.

Attachments

• 09074-0236.PDF
    140.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 09074-0237.PDF
    140.7 KB · Views: 44

helmuthkroog

plate, conveyer cover

Hello:

This is our first time posting to an RFQ.com request. My name is Helmuth Kroog and my wife and I operate Quick Turn Fabrication LLC (www.qtfabrication.com) in Loveland Colorado. The conveyer covers are just a bit long for the travel on our machines but we would like to submit a bid anyway. We have done much longer parts but moved them on the machine. Do you have solid models available? Step files are great. We use Pro-Engineer Wildfire IV here. Getting material quickly enough is one concern. Is there heat involved, I was wondering about the reason for the Ultem. Would Polycarb work?

Hope we can work something out. Best regards Helmuth

reply to Helmuth

Hello:

This is our first time posting to an RFQ.com request. My name is Helmuth Kroog and my wife and I operate Quick Turn Fabrication LLC (www.qtfabrication.com) in Loveland Colorado. The conveyer covers are just a bit long for the travel on our machines but we would like to submit a bid anyway. We have done much longer parts but moved them on the machine. Do you have solid models available? Step files are great. We use Pro-Engineer Wildfire IV here. Getting material quickly enough is one concern. Is there heat involved, I was wondering about the reason for the Ultem. Would Polycarb work?

Hope we can work something out. Best regards Helmuth

Helmouth,

There is no heat involved. I had thought about Ultem because it is very stable. Although I have never used it for a part with these geometries. I am not sure how flat/straight it would stay. I am open to other materials as I said in my original post. I am concerned with Polycarbonate, I am pretty sure it will not hold up. If it maintains flatness over time it will sag and cause problems. I am also not set on a plastic, I will accept steel as an option. I have no problem with you moving the part on the machine.

helmuthkroog

McClellan Quote

Helmouth,

There is no heat involved. I had thought about Ultem because it is very stable. Although I have never used it for a part with these geometries. I am not sure how flat/straight it would stay. I am open to other materials as I said in my original post. I am concerned with Polycarbonate, I am pretty sure it will not hold up. If it maintains flatness over time it will sag and cause problems. I am also not set on a plastic, I will accept steel as an option. I have no problem with you moving the part on the machine.

Hello,
I have attached a formal bid. with the due date 03/25/2010 as requested, and assuming that the material is available. Parts quoted using Ultem 1000 rod stock.
Please advise if you require a bid using aluminum or steel.
Regards, Helmuth

Attachments

• mcclellan bid.pdf
    5.3 KB · Views: 56

crossroads

I have (2) long parts to be made. I have left the material blank, because of the length to width ratio straightness may be problematic. I left the material blank to give you maximum options. These parts are covers and I need sufficient strength to maintain a consistent gap between the cover and the plate beneath. I can use metal (as long as it can be plated (although plating is optional, delivery time more important)). Engineered plastics are also acceptable. I cannot have a material that sheds.

I need the parts delivered to NH by 3/25. I will issue a Purchase Order this week (RFQs must be received by 3/11 @ 5pm EST). I will not source outside the United States.

Plastics I have considered thus far:
Ultem 1000, 2300
Tecamax

Please quote price, delivery, and material you will make the part out of. Please make sure you take note of the straightness spec.

We would like to Quote this please sent xroads@somtel.net

Thanks Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.