Request For Quote- Punch and Die Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamtexas

Can anyone quote me on a punch and die for the attached dxf. If I decide to do this I will be punching .125 ABS Plastic.

Dan

I have 3 others like this that I will need.

Attachments

• #1.dxf
    29.8 KB · Views: 59

Tamas

The attached drawing is not working with any of my CADs. What kind of press you have and what is the tonnage?

teamtexas

No press, I'll be doing this with a hand hydraulic press if possible. I've attached a Jpeg, see if that helps. The dxf was made with Wintopo.

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 78

teamtexas

Not a very good shot on the Jpeg, it should have square ends and measures
3" x 10". I'll try to upload the dxf again.

Attachments

• #1.dxf
    29.8 KB · Views: 25

teamtexas

I hadn't thought about water jetting. I'm afraid I don't know much about it. I want to produce the item to sell in small quanities so I 'm thinking I need to cut it in house. Is a waterjet able to cut through plastic and leave a smooth surface? Is there any deburring after the cut?

Dan

steinketool

engineer
How many parts are you planning to fabricate?looks like these could be gang milled,
of course I'll need a dimensioned drawing.I can probably make a simple compound
die for $1500-$2000.

I have a small co2 laser that would cut these parts with no problem.

We also have quite a bit of .125 black ABS plastic in stock.
If you need to make a few for tryout let me know, we can cut them for a few bucks a piece (you pay shipping from Zip 48315)

Thanks,

Bob

ErnieD

Hi, I just took a look at the part and checking the overall dimensions it shows that the part is 644 mm wide x 1990 mm long. this roughly equates to 25 x 78 inches. Am i wrong? ErnieD

teamtexas

The over all size of the parts is approx 3" x 10" x 1/8". The cad drawing will need to be resized to get close to that. I usually do that part in my cam program when I mill something.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.