need alphabet laser or wj from 1/8"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccoleman

process: laser or waterjet
material: 1/8" (10-12ga are all acceptable) - please quote both stainless 304 and mild steel.
qty: 3 sets (36pcs per set)
shipping to: 85281 (can be quoted later)
time requirement: need delivered by 3/9/7

I'm in need of 3 sets of the alphabet and #'s 0-9 from 1/8" material.

A drawing is attached, but there will be a change to the drawing. If you look at the letter A, you will see 2 nicks on the sides. They are registration marks for a secondary operation and all pieces will have those nicks. I will provide a dxf that contains all of those nicks.

font is NewsGoth XCn BT
letter height is approx. 3.5"

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• abc.dxf
    209 KB · Views: 24

HydroSourcePA

Chris,
The nicks you drew on the letter "A" are small and would best be made by a laser. A waterjet will make a nick with a radius of .015 to .025 (typically). Is that acceptable? When you put your nicks in, would you consider adding a tab to one side of the letter so the piece doesn't separate from the plate and so that the letter would be "snapped" off after all 36 pieces are done? You might find that you would get a better price from whomever wins the work if you added that element.

Thanx,
Drake

ccoleman

The radius formed by waterjet is perfectly acceptable.
I'm simply using the nicks as a reference point. No need for really tight tolerances. I just want a cleaner than plasma product, otherwise I'd go ahead and cut these myself.
If setting up a tab is the best method for you, that's great. I only need the positive letters.

Thanks for the reply,
Chris

ccoleman

Anyone going to quote this?
I need these soon.
If the "nicks" that I drew in the dxf are unacceptable, then feel free to offer up a different way of providing me a reference mark so I can line these up with each other later on.
Chris

HydroSourcePA

Yes,
I will quote this. I've been a little swamped lately. This is the type of thing we do (along with the normal production work). Sorry for the delay.

Drake

HydroSourcePA

waterjet quote

I'm pleased to quote the following:

3 sets of letters and numbers using your dxf file with nick or orientation mark. In 11ga HR steel: 4.50 per letter. In 11 ga 304 SS, 6.75 per letter. Delivery would be to you by 3/9/07.

Thanx for the oppourtunity to quote!

Drake Hooke
HydroSource, Inc.
PO Box 81
Route 390
Canadensis, PA 18325

process: laser or waterjet
material: 1/8" (10-12ga are all acceptable) - please quote both stainless 304 and mild steel.
qty: 3 sets (36pcs per set)
shipping to: 85281 (can be quoted later)
time requirement: need delivered by 3/9/7

I'm in need of 3 sets of the alphabet and #'s 0-9 from 1/8" material.

A drawing is attached, but there will be a change to the drawing. If you look at the letter A, you will see 2 nicks on the sides. They are registration marks for a secondary operation and all pieces will have those nicks. I will provide a dxf that contains all of those nicks.

font is NewsGoth XCn BT
letter height is approx. 3.5"

Thanks,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.