Small Job Quote Needed Extended Lug Nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ez3022

I am seeking a vendor to manufacture some extended automotive lug nuts. The quote should include all material costs. Please quote using both 6061 and mild steel materials and provide quotes for qty 50 and qty 100 pieces. Some preference will be given to those entities who have the ability to anodize the finish product. Qty 2 prototype units will be required in order to validate the finished product before the production order is placed. The timeframe is immediate on this project. RFQ period will end 10/1/09.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Attachments

• Lug Ext 2.pdf
    20.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

Dualkit

Iges file? Could we get tolerances first? Why are people always posting prints
with out tolerances? They can drastically effect pricing for those of us that pay attention to detail. The guys who submit bids with out tolerances are ruining it for the rest of us. It seems everyone assumes +\- .005 and 125 finishes, but that is not always the case.

motor68

Lug Quote

I am seeking a vendor to manufacture some extended automotive lug nuts. The quote should include all material costs. Please quote using both 6061 and mild steel materials and provide quotes for qty 50 and qty 100 pieces. Some preference will be given to those entities who have the ability to anodize the finish product. Qty 2 prototype units will be required in order to validate the finished product before the production order is placed. The timeframe is immediate on this project. RFQ period will end 10/1/09.

We can make your Extended Lug Nuts at the following prices.

2pcs. 63.38 ea.
50pcs. 5.28 ea.
100pcs 3.83 ea.

Thank You, Randy

motor68

Bidding with out tolerances, and posting prices, just helping the race to the bottom?
Sorry Dualkit, I suppose I should have e-mailed my quote. I am new to the transparency of this online quoting game. Awfully hard to compete with the desperate, and the communist. Since the buyer is looking for prototypes, I am part of the group assuming the tolerances you mentioned previously. Then they can determine if these assumptions hold true. Again, I apologize for leading the race to the bottom. I shall try to set a better example of "Made in the United States of America".

bmwmachinist

Need a few more dims

Depth of 12mm. hole, Dia. of shank

Dualkit

Sorry about the tongue lashing motor 68. I think as prospective vendors we must cooperate a little bit even with our competition to stop practices that drive our trade into the ground. Open pricing pretty much guarantees someone will underbid you. So that hurts you also. Bidding with out tolerances can harm both the RFQ poster and the bidders. A while back someone posted a long two diameter pin with no tolerances. People bid assuming +/-.005 which made the part doable on most lathes, manual or cnc with a tailstock. After my repeated badgering the guy put up tolerances of .001. That turned it in to a screw machine part. The bids started coming in at shockingly high prices compared to those bids assuming .005, that baffled the poster and he pulled the job. A prospective customer lost, I doubt he comes back. If we bid privately, after all questions are answered, it will be better for all.

drylakemachine

screw machine part's

I do 2 nd op along with normal manual work and + - .003 is about as close as
I've seen.Pain in the butt when you have to keep ajusting the fixture and do 1000+ parts
jim

Jenson

Well said, and all very true. I remember looking at that part and almost quoted going on the +/- .005 everyone else was going on but I just thought to myself if that turns out to be +/- .0005 the price will go way up and I'll screw myself. I think it would also be nice to see the winning bid price once awarded so that shops who did bid on the job know how far off they were. No need to post the winning bidder but just a price would be nice.

Sorry about the tongue lashing motor 68. I think as prospective vendors we must cooperate a little bit even with our competition to stop practices that drive our trade into the ground. Open pricing pretty much guarantees someone will underbid you. So that hurts you also. Bidding with out tolerances can harm both the RFQ poster and the bidders. A while back someone posted a long two diameter pin with no tolerances. People bid assuming +/-.005 which made the part doable on most lathes, manual or cnc with a tailstock. After my repeated badgering the guy put up tolerances of .001. That turned it in to a screw machine part. The bids started coming in at shockingly high prices compared to those bids assuming .005, that baffled the poster and he pulled the job. A prospective customer lost, I doubt he comes back. If we bid privately, after all questions are answered, it will be better for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.