Request For Quote- Crank trigger wheel for race car (Laser or Waterjet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drag_S14

1018 Mild Steel or similar, 1/16" thickness (must be ferrous, using a hall effect sensor)
Material will not be supplied unless necessary.
Quantity of 1, maybe 2 if it's cheap enough.
RFQ End time: 01/08/2010
Time frame is up to 3-4 weeks. Not in a huge rush but would like it in a reasonable time.

This will be mounted directly to the hub of a crank pulley on a race car. The 3 slotted holes are for mounting and adjustability.

The tooth design is basically a 36 tooth pattern with 6 teeth missing, in pairs of two. Ten slots, then two missing, ten slots, then two missing, etc.

The wheel is 200mm across.

The most important aspects are the flatness of the finished product, and even spacing of the slots.

I have drawn up the original in SolidWorks, as that is what I am most familiar with, but have converted the output to R12 AutoCAD. I have also attached a picture to compare to the converted file. If you have SolidWorks 2009 or higher and would like the original, I can supply that as well.

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• trigger lw.jpg
    trigger lw.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 66
  • trigger LW.dxf
    873.3 KB · Views: 22

kvnlrndt

lee tooling
1018 Mild Steel or similar, 1/16" thickness (must be ferrous, using a hall effect sensor)
Material will not be supplied unless necessary.
Quantity of 1, maybe 2 if it's cheap enough.
RFQ End time: 01/08/2010
Time frame is up to 3-4 weeks. Not in a huge rush but would like it in a reasonable time.

This will be mounted directly to the hub of a crank pulley on a race car. The 3 slotted holes are for mounting and adjustability.

The tooth design is basically a 36 tooth pattern with 6 teeth missing, in pairs of two. Ten slots, then two missing, ten slots, then two missing, etc.

The wheel is 200mm across.

The most important aspects are the flatness of the finished product, and even spacing of the slots.

I have drawn up the original in SolidWorks, as that is what I am most familiar with, but have converted the output to R12 AutoCAD. I have also attached a picture to compare to the converted file. If you have SolidWorks 2009 or higher and would like the original, I can supply that as well.

Thank you for your time.

hello kevin arndt hanover pa 717-632-6317

i can wire edm this complete in 2 hours
and drill the wirestart holes in 15 min on a prototrac from your dxf
i have mat. here
making 2 is the same time as making 1 this way
2 hours 15 min shoptime = 101.50 for 1 or 152.00 for 2, plus shipping
i can ship12-30-09

AyersTech

Your Waterjet Job Shop
Blake,

We can cut these out on the waterjet in a few minutes. I have sent a bid to your email.

Thanks for the opportunity,

Shawn Ayers
AyersTech LLC
Your Waterjet Machine Shop
1011A Shield Ave
Rice Lake, WI 54868

PH 715-434-5307
FX 715-434-5309
www.ayers-tech.com

Drag_S14

3 more days, anyone else?

Thanks for the 2 so far, glad there is a forum like this for small jobs to get completed. My local places won't talk to you unless you are wanting to spend $20k +

Status
Not open for further replies.