Request For Quote- CNC surfacing of bronze mold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliff1

I need someone with a rigid setup, advanced surfacing CAM software, and good accuracy in a smaller envelope - about 6" XYZ, experience running multiple bits for a fine polish on two halves of a mold. Material is aluminum bronze, alloy #954. Dont need lots of parts in a hurry, just need one, perfect pair of parts in a week or two, at an economical price. Tolerances are probably five/tenths. I say probably because its a prototype, and I am not sure what will work. Also, I can do the polish by hand with my rotary grinder- not critical that your machine be able to finish with a polish.
I can supply the material if you cant get it local. Ideally, you are on the west coast to save shipping costs on chunks of bronze.
I can supply 3D files. The attached PDF is to give you a rough idea; looking for rough quotes.

Attachments

• Radial3MoldHalves.PDF
    64.1 KB · Views: 281

KTECH

Can you send me a 3d file? I think custom tooling may have to be made to do that mold because of the intricate features and depth of the female cavity. If you send me the 3d file I can take a closer look at that and verify if that is the case or not. Please send 3d file to kylellynch@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Kyle
KTECH Industries, Inc.

JES DIAZ

3d file

I am also interested on taking a look to the 3d file before giving any quote
i agree with Kile about special tooling, one more thing i am on the east coast
but there is a lot of diference on shop rate specialy if you are in the bay area
wich is very very expensive, this is my e mail efratabc@yahoo.com .igs file is fine

Thank you, Jes Diaz
ATLANTECH

I need someone with a rigid setup, advanced surfacing CAM software, and good accuracy in a smaller envelope - about 6" XYZ, experience running multiple bits for a fine polish on two halves of a mold. Material is aluminum bronze, alloy #954. Dont need lots of parts in a hurry, just need one, perfect pair of parts in a week or two, at an economical price. Tolerances are probably five/tenths. I say probably because its a prototype, and I am not sure what will work. Also, I can do the polish by hand with my rotary grinder- not critical that your machine be able to finish with a polish.
I can supply the material if you cant get it local. Ideally, you are on the west coast to save shipping costs on chunks of bronze.
I can supply 3D files. The attached PDF is to give you a rough idea; looking for rough quotes.

Without having the original CAD files to make better guess, approximate cost will be around $3900

Status
Not open for further replies.