Another Tormach Guy RFQ #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kochevnik

After seeing that the quotes for my prior RFQ are decent enough - I decided to put this part out for RFQ too. It just doesn't make sense for me to try to do all this production work on my Tormach - I've got lots of other products to prototype and subbing this work out will save me a lot of grief (even if it does cost more money).

I will definitely be ordering based on my prior RFQ as soon as it closes. This RFQ is more dependant on sales so it could take one to three weeks to place an order based on this RFQ so please be patient. As before, I have no drawings, just a description and a foto of the parts to be made. If I am unclear on anything, please let me know. You can also contact me directly at: skerbitz@yahoo.com as my PM mailbox here is getting full. I will respond to ALL emails (assuming they need an answer) and will be posting here as soon as the RFQ closes. This one will close Tues, Feb 6. I'll need the parts a week to ten days after I place an order.

The material for this part is the same as the prior - any type of mild steel is fine (cold or hot-rolled doesn't matter to me, whichever is best for you). You provide the material - I pay $1.50 for the material right now - if your costs are significantly higher than this let me know - I can also provide the material if this is an issue.

This part is 12-3/4 inches long (+/- 0.1) and 3/8" thick stock and should be fairly square on the end. The width is the important part - 1.195 (+/-.001) and the end tabs need to be centered on the part (+/- .001). The tab widths are also important 0.692 (+/-.001). The sides also need to be as smooth and shiny as possible - like the prior RFQ part, I used a fly cutter at .001 as the last pass - anything that gives a similar surface is fine. The surface on the sides/ends of the tabs is not as critical, but it shouldn't have any cutting marks deeper than .001 The tabs are 1.0 inch in length (+.05)

The foto shows 4 holes, but I would like two different sets of quotes :

A) the first with NO HOLES - just mill the sides and the tabs, qty 100 and 500.

B) the second set of quotes would be for the same part with 8 drilled holes. Six of the holes would be 1/4" (+ .01) and two of the holes would be 1/8" (+.005). The holes are spaced (very) roughly about an inch or so apart - I can give exact dimensions later - the only important thing about them is that they need to be centered on the part (+/- .001) - this is also qty 100 & 500.

No deburring or cleaning needed - I can do that.

That's about all I can think of - any questions, please feel free to contact me by PM or email (skerbitz@yahoo.com)

Thanks,
Matt

112.jpg

Last edited:

kochevnik

For those of you looking at shipping charges (not just for this RFQ) - the post office offers a flat rate priority box in two different sizes that you can stuff with any weight of up to 70 pounds and the shipping is only $8 and it gets anywhere in the US in 2 to 3 days, including AK and HI.

I ship metal parts this way all the time. I'm sure the USPS doesn't want 30 pound shoebox sized packages going thru their system, but it's a heckuva deal if you can get your parts/metal to fit in the box.

kochevnik

This RFQ is now closed - the quotes ranged from about $7 to about $15 for each part. I have already contacted the winner and will be placing the order ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.