Aluminum Bracket Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFemec

I am in need of a source on this Aluminum Bracket:
-Material is 6061 Aluminum - 6.0x5.0x1.0 (include material in quote)
-Quantity of 12 ea, 100 ea, 400 ea
-Include polishing / chrome plating in the quote if avaliable
-Award Date will be 2-26-06 need parts by 3-16-06

you'll see a spacer that goes along with this in the Turning Work forum, also chrome plated and in the same quantitys

Thanks,
Alex
Next Step CAD Services
http://www.nextstepcad.com

Attachments

• SV000032-LOOP-R00b.pdf
    41.6 KB · Views: 185

MRZ-Perf

CNC Machine Shop
Hello,

Do you need both polishing and chrome? or only polishing? or only chrome?

We also have the capabilities to give you a quote on the spacer.

Last edited:

SteelCutter

Your RFQ states the following: -Include polishing / chrome plating in the quote if avaliable

is this to say that you will accept quotes without Polishing/Chrome Plating?

AFemec

Your RFQ states the following: -Include polishing / chrome plating in the quote if avaliable

is this to say that you will accept quotes without Polishing/Chrome Plating?
Yes quotes for machine-only services will be considered, requiring us to send the parts out for finishing. Whether we go that route will depend on costs, I imagine a shop that has lots of plating done would be more effective at sourcing it than we would though.
Thanks,
Alex

AFemec

Someone asked me whether CAD files are avaliable for these parts, and I want to let everyone interested know that yes, they are. If awarded, you can be provided 2D or 3D files in any common format.

Thanks,
Alex

SteelCutter

your RFQ

Alex, I was going to submit a quote to you, but after seeing this in MFG.com, I decided not.
Going against Suppliers in MFG.com is just like going against Chinese Companies. I've read horror stories about MFG and being a Registered Supplier myself, I know they are true, in an effort to land a job, they low ball their quotes, I know it is true, see, I am totally disgusted with MFG and I also have low balled some Quotes just to find out later that the job was sent to China anyway. I have been awarded more work off of RFQWORK.com, CNCZONE.com and PRACTICALMACHINIST.com then I have gotten from MFG.com (( ZERO from MFG.com)) and I quote my jobs in this sites using the same parameters I use in MFG.com. By the way, I was also going to quote your 1018 spacer which you have posted in the Turning Forum of CNCzone.com, but I also saw it in MFG.com so I decided not to quote it.

**I haven't done any quoting on MFG in almost 2 months, couldn't get out of the contract with them so I got legal advise to close my account to stop the auto debits and deal with them later! Did that!!

I feel that all the Suppliers in here are reputable and if they are anything like me, they'd like to think that RFQs posted here WILL be awarded here and not in MFG.com or any other place!!

Best of luck "PRICE SHOPPING" :eek:

:)

AFemec

Alex, I was going to submit a quote to you, but after seeing this in MFG.com, I decided not.
Going against Suppliers in MFG.com is just like going against Chinese Companies. I've read horror stories about MFG and being a Registered Supplier myself, I know they are true, in an effort to land a job, they low ball their quotes, I know it is true, see, I am totally disgusted with MFG and I also have low balled some Quotes just to find out later that the job was sent to China anyway. I have been awarded more work off of RFQWORK.com, CNCZONE.com and PRACTICALMACHINIST.com then I have gotten from MFG.com (( ZERO from MFG.com)) and I quote my jobs in this sites using the same parameters I use in MFG.com. By the way, I was also going to quote your 1018 spacer which you have posted in the Turning Forum of CNCzone.com, but I also saw it in MFG.com so I decided not to quote it.

**I haven't done any quoting on MFG in almost 2 months, couldn't get out of the contract with them so I got legal advise to close my account to stop the auto debits and deal with them later! Did that!!

I feel that all the Suppliers in here are reputable and if they are anything like me, they'd like to think that RFQs posted here WILL be awarded here and not in MFG.com or any other place!!

Best of luck "PRICE SHOPPING" :eek:

:)
"Going against Suppliers in MFG.com is just like going against Chinese Companies"
The only supplier I've awarded a job to through MFG.com is in Indiana, so what you're asserting isn't logical. I'm getting the feeling that you dont like competition. Everyone conducts business in their own way, but most suppliers will take an opportunity to quote a job that they want. I am a supplier myself and can't say that I'd pass on the opportunity to quote something if I wanted the job.

"I feel that all the Suppliers in here are reputable and if they are anything like me, they'd like to think that RFQs posted here WILL be awarded here and not in MFG.com or any other place!!"
There's a chance that they will be awarded locally, through MFG.com or through rfqwork.com.... which seems to often be the case. It just depends on many factors such as: a shop's specialties, how busy they are, cost of shipping etc.

SteelCutter

your reply

I am not concerned about the job being awarded LOCALLY, I'd like to think that if a job is posted in this forum for an RFQ, that it will be awarded in here, where in the US matters not to me, simply to be awarded in this forum AND NOT IN A GLOBAL MANUFACTURING SOURCE FORUM!!!!

Ken_Shea

A Alex quote,
"Someone asked me whether CAD files are avaliable for these parts, and I want to let everyone interested know that yes, they are. If awarded, you can be provided 2D or 3D files in any common format."

That someone was me, took the time to send a private message inquiring about cad files and received no reply, that is always appreciated !.
Why someone, requesting a quote, "A free quote" mind you, would not be willing to provide these obviously available files is beyond me, but I will say, it is a first for me.

Big turn off, not interested.

Ken

dcapps4140

Mastercam Xmr2
I don't understand the attitude in this thread. Customers RFQ'ing are undoutably seeking the best "value" for them. This may be best price, best delivery, "local shop" or what ever. It doesn't matter to me where a potential customer is getting his prices. As long as I give it my best "shot". In the long run a good shop will get work, all the others will shrivel.

AFemec

I would like to thank all who submitted a quote on this part. I understand that it requires valuable time on your part, and I appreciate the efforts. The job has been awarded locally for the time being, as the quantities are not large enough (yet) to justify the added expense of shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.