Request For Quote- aluminum back plate water cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptxman

Part Name: Back Plate

Material type: 11 gauge 6061-T6 aluminum (thickness = 0.091 inch)

Material to be supplied by cutting service

Quantity = 100, potential for additional & similar batches in the future

Drawings:
- pdf attached
- if you require a specific cad format for quotation, I can easily accommodate that, please specify.

Required time frame: delivery in Apr-2009

RFQ ending time: Apr-15-2009

Contact information: RFQ or direct email petertha@shaw.ca with any qustions or clarifications. Delivery is to Canada, but arrangements can be made to ship to USA address if cost warranted.

No special treatment of finished part required

The 4 holes will contain a pressed-in OEM type threaded insert which specifies 3/16” drill size to accomodate. So if the basic profile cutting method cannot achieve this, an acceptable option is cutting an undersized, centered hole which lends itself to drilling out to finished 3/16" size (by the customer). Perhaps a single test/validation piece is recommended? Any input on this is appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• ff backplate rfq 03-09-2009.pdf
    6.1 KB · Views: 78
Part Name: Back PlateMaterial type: 11 gauge 6061-T6 aluminum (thickness = 0.091 inch)Material to be supplied by cutting serviceQuantity = 100, potential for additional & similar batches in the futureDrawings:- pdf attached- if you require a specific cad format for quotation, I can easily accommodate that, please specify.Required time frame: delivery in Apr-2009RFQ ending time: Apr-15-2009Contact information: RFQ or direct email petertha@shaw.ca with any qustions or clarifications. Delivery is to Canada, but arrangements can be made to ship to USA address if cost warranted.No special treatment of finished part requiredThe 4 holes will contain a pressed-in OEM type threaded insert which specifies 3/16” drill size to accomodate. So if the basic profile cutting method cannot achieve this, an acceptable option is cutting an undersized, centered hole which lends itself to drilling out to finished 3/16" size (by the customer). Perhaps a single test/validation piece is recommended? Any input on this is appreciated.

ptxman

I originally submitted this RFQ on behalf of a freind who is the end customer for the parts. He has selected a firm from one of the bid replies & proceeding to having the parts made. Thanks to all of you who responded. I gained some valuable experience & contacts through this excercise & will for sure use RFQ again on future projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.