Request For Quote- About 35 6061 parts for machining

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathmanc

No big hurry on these. about 35 parts in total. All to be 6061. 6' of ballscrew will be supplied needing cut into 3 pieces and some turning also. Will be 2 .dxf's attached in next post that goes with this. A couple of pulleys need some boring on them. Quantities required are in the filenames. These parts are for a milling machine cnc retrofit. Drawings may need some help, but it's a start. 6061 to be supplied by shop.

Charles Heathman

Attachments

• 1.zip
    95.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 2.zip
    81.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 3.zip
    90.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 4.zip
    66 KB · Views: 35

heathmanc

2 More Files

Here is the rest.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• X-axis bearing plate.dxf
    308.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Y-Axis bearing plate.dxf
    198.2 KB · Views: 30
Hi I Am Interested In Quoting Your Parts Can You Tell Me How Many Of Each Parts You Are Wanting A Quote On Thanks Very Much Todd

heathmanc

Sir, the filename of each drawing tells how many parts, but here is an easier list. Thanks. Charles

Standoff.pdf - 10
X axis servo plate.pdf - 1
X-axis bearing plate.dxf - 1, has hole for angular contact bearings that need to be almost press fit, will provide bearing
X-axis nut plate.pdf - 1
X-axis screw.pdf - 1, requires some turning/threading, will supply 6' ballscrew
X-Y Axis Drive Pulley.pdf - 2, requires boring, will provide pulleys
X-Y-Bearing-Cover.pdf - 2
Y axis servo plate.pdf - 1
Y-Axis bearing plate.dxf - 1, has hole for angular contact bearings that need to be almost press fit, will provide bearing
Y-axis nut block.pdf - 1
Y-axis screw.pdf -1, requires some turning/threading, will supply 6' ballscrew
Z axis bearing cap.pdf - 1, has hole for angular contact bearings that need to be almost press fit, will provide bearing
Z axis bearing plate.pdf - 1, has hole for angular contact bearings that need to be almost press fit, will provide bearing
Z axis drive pulley.pdf - 1 requires boring, will provide pulley
Z axis nut.pdf - 1
Z axis plate spacer.pdf - 4
Z axis quill clamp.pdf - 1
Z axis screw.pdf - 1, requires some turning/threading, will supply 6' ballscrew
Z axis servo plate.pdf - 1, has hole for angular contact bearings that need to be almost press fit, will provide bearing
Z axis spacer bottom.pdf - 1
Z axis spacer top.pdf - 1
Z axis standoff plate.pdf - 2
Z axis transfer hub.pdf - 1

Last edited:

heathmanc

For those unable to view the dxf files, here they are converted to .pdf

Charles

Attachments

• X-axis bearing plate.pdf
    142.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Y-Axis bearing plate.pdf
    62.3 KB · Views: 68

heathmanc

I would also like somewhat of a detailed quote including material costs and costs per part. I am getting some pretty outlandish quotes up to $2500 and there are several parts I will make if needed. I will be closing this RFQ June 6th (Friday). Thanks

Charles

Last edited:

runner4404spd

I assume that you mean Jun 6 for closing the RFQ date. the reason your getting quotes in the $2500 range is because you need just about 1 of each part. each part probably has 60-120 dollars in setup and programming in it, making the actual part is pretty inexpensive. you may want to try cnczone.com for their jobs section where more hobbyists quote to get quotes more in line with what your looking for.

heathmanc

When I say outlandish it's because I have received offers for considerably less. Things like $200 for a ballscrew turning, jobs like this I will do myself for that kind of money. This job WILL be given to somebody here though. I'm not out just to see what it is going to cost me. Just wanting to find out where the differences lie. And yes, June 6th is the closeout date (changed in post).

DareBee

I run a custom shop and we are extremely busy.
I havent gone through your prints, because I know there is no point in my doing so with some individuals here quoting jobs at less than half of my hourly salary. If I can't pay my peoples wages, shop overhead, tooling, machines, etc. I don't do the work.
Ok I glanced at 1 print, I would probably quote about $8000 on this job and wouldn't have time to start it for a month.

Huebert Machine

cnc mill shop
After reviewing your prints i have some questions before i can make a quote.As we a a mill shop and do not have a lathe,we can do all your flat parts.Please feel free to contact me at huebertmachine@yahoo.coo.
Thanks,Kelly Huebert.
Huebert Machine
20340 Ks Hwy 52
Pleasanton Ks,66075.

SDK73

KaesynCAM_Technology needs some more info....

Please provide me a detailed list of your parts, are you looking to have just one company do all these parts or maybe you can outsource them to different companies. I will provide you with a detailed quote of set-up, programming and machining costs. Thank-you, you can contact me at your earliest convience, KaesynCAM_Technology@yahoo.com

besc

Still waiting to get your list for machining but please provide cad files. PDF is too awkward. Prferably STEP but if not at least DXF. Thanks. Mike.

KC Machine

Kernen Construction
I'd say that the wide range in quotes you see is businesses versus someone in their garage @ $10.00 an hour. I can't turn the lights on for that! :D

nmachine

got a deal

You got a deal for this. Feedback on quality and timing for this would be great to. I think people must be bored as all get out to work this cheap. The company that does this will average about 12.00 an hour tops after matl if no mistakes are made. :confused:

heathmanc

I didn't need fantastic machine finishes or tight tolerances. And I stated that I wasn't in a hurry. I'm deploying to the desert in a couple of weeks and don't care if the parts take 3 months. But only one person asked. Also, I was just not interested in paying alot of extra money so some shop could "turn their lights on". For example, went to a new dentist that built a new office. Charged twice as much for the same work as the guy in the older office. I'm not here to help offset costs of a poorly managed shop. Granted, I did remove all of the turning work from this RFQ which cheapened it quite a bit.

Dualkit

OMG, I just looked at just the mill parts, would say 25 hours labor for someone
who is pretty bright and moves fast. Didn't even estimate material. The $10 an
hour guy living in his mother's basement would not be skilled enough to make
these parts. Our person requesting the quote seems to have an attitude, I
believe he will get a dose of reality when he receives his parts, pretty sure
for $700 they will be worth $.80 a pound ( current scrap rate ). I wonder how
much time the winning bidder estimated to make the parts?

heathmanc

The parts aren't complicated. The radii aren't important, saw cut edges are fine. Just hole placement that matters. and they aren't tight. The list of parts attached has been severely modified to no longer include any part that gets turned as I am doing those myself. If they come back scrap, I have learned my lesson. I apologize if I came off with attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.