Request For Quote- 50 Part Batch Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASD Inc.

Trying to avoid buying a Haas TM-1P for many jobs we have like this... I'd prefer to outsource this type of work if possible.

We have a very busy race team and growing automotive product businesses. We run Solidworks in our engineering department, CAD files are clean because I used to run a Haas and know how much time it takes to clean up CAD mess...

We run Just in Time manufacturing methods to manage capital with inventory control. Smaller batch runs, some parts more often than others, but the awarded vendor will continue to run the same parts over and over as customer demand requires.

I hope to find one shop, or two, who can handle all of our future needs with many products, 99% of which are 6061-T6 aluminum.

Two different parts for this quote, but are very similar and use the same tooling and material blanks. These simple parts are just to test the waters here, we have quite a few other parts in need of immeadiate manufacturing.

25 parts of each CAD file required, delivery of all 50 parts required at the same time.

The ideal future partner would also be willing to assist in one off prototyping for a somewhat reasonable cost. Most prototypes have already been test fitted through waterjet profiles before machined prototypes are required, so understanding the need for cost effective first articles with future products is essential, and will likely move into production without further design revisions (you shouldn't be reprogramming the same part multiple times).

CAD files in whichever format you want (.igs, x_t, native Solidworks etc) with a signed NDA.

This RFQ:
1. RFQ closes next Wednesday, September 23rd 2009.
2. Purchase order will be issued by Friday September 25th 2009.
3. Parts will be decorative anodized after we recieve them. Consequently, surface finish is critical.
4. Deburred by machine only, no hand finishing (due to anodizing)
5. Parts required at our facility in Charlotte, NC on or before October 5th 2009.
6. Payment by Company credit card or Company check, COD. Once we know you and your work quality, we'll be happy to pay a percentage deposit up front with each purchase order for all future work.

The successful vendor will recieve further CAD files for additional VMC work immeadiatley following the successful completion and delivery of this job.

Please forward all quotes and correspondence to: manufacturing@autosportdynamics.com

No phone calls please!

Thank you all in advance for quoting this job, and we look forward to building a long and successful relationship with the awarded recipient.

Attachments

• 4.500 inch Tall Handle. REV X4. For RFQWORK.COM.DXF
    256.6 KB · Views: 292
  • 10.000 inch Tall Handle. REV X1. For RFQWORK.COM.DXF
    250.3 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

ASD Inc.

Vendor Replies

All,

Been getting a number of replies this morning, thank you to everyone who is putting forth the effort.

Should competitive pricing be available from a potential vendor I may close this RFQ early. But if that happens, I'll be sure to post 24 hours notice here on this forum.

I'll also be sure to let everyone know who the manufacturing was awarded to, but won't post awarded manufactured part prices unless the machining vendor approves us doing so.

I forgot to mention earlier, but our intent is to only award this and all future jobs to companies located within in the USA.

Thank you to all who are participating,

Manufacturing Dept.
ASD Inc.
www.autosportdynamics.com

ASD Inc.

Sebastien,

I'm sorry, this RFQ is only offered to companies located inside the USA, as descibed in our post below.

Nothing personal, just trying to assist U.S. based manufacturing in our own little way.

Manufacturing Dept.
ASD Inc.

ASD Inc.

RFQ Close Time

All,

This RFQ will close at 5:00pm EST today, Wednesday September 23rd.

Quotes recieved after the 5:00pm deadline will not be considered.

A purchase order will be issued this Friday, September 25th, to the vendor awarded the job.

I will update everyone with a post on this forum with their company name.

Thank you to everyone who spent their valuable time and submitted a quote. We've recieved over 30 submissions so far, more than we expected.

Manufacturing Dept.
ASD Inc.

ASD Inc.

Quote Closed

I'd like to again thank everyone for spending the time to quote this job. There were over 35 companies who submitted quotes, and we appreciate the time spent to do so.

We have awarded the job to R&D Tech in northern California.

Thanks again.

runner4404spd

it really makes no difference who got the work. glad its a us company. but what is more important is what the work finally went for so the rest of us can develop our processes.

ASD Inc.

Closure.

It seems everybody wants to know how much money the job went for. I can appreciate that.

As stated in an early post, I won't release the awarded price unless the awarded vendor authorizes us to do so. I have no desire to see a company scrutinized on a public forum simply because they have figured out how to run their company efficiently.

I will admit that we didn't award the job to the company offering the cheapest price. There were multiple companies who quoted the job cheaper, but for one reason or another didn't pass our research.

Quoted prices we recieved were between $11.00 each and over $60.00 each, including material. 25% of all the quotes we recieved from reputable machine shops were under $25.00 per part including material.
From a consumers perspective, if your shop is looking to see how you fare in a competitive marketplace and you were not in that 25% of quotes under $25.00, its time to revisit internal efficiency.

In the end it came down to five different companies and was very close. We have retained the contact information of those five companies should we need a back up plan in the future.

RFQwork.com ended up being a great tool for us, so I believe negative posts we saw complaining about never recieving work from the forum posts is a result of outdated and costly manufacturing methods by those companies complaining.

Thank you to everyone for quoting our job, and we wish all of you much success in the future.

Manufacturing Dept.
ASD Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.