303 Stainless Gravy Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cram Machine

My machine is back logged and I have some very simple parts that need to be done. I need 100 pcs. for now. It's a knurled stop, 1" diameter 303 stainless, .5" thick, with a .376" hole reamed or bored through. Nothing is real critical other than the through hole has to be .276" +.001 -.000 and the faces need to faced not just parted off. The edges need to be broken with approximately a .02" x 45 chamfer on the outside diameter and hole diameter. I've attached a rough drawing and a photo of the part. I'd like to get some quotes and lead times with you supplying the material and USPS flat rate shipping. Thank You.

Attachments

• knurled stop.jpg
    knurled stop.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 159
  • knurled stop drawing.jpg
    knurled stop drawing.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 128
Quotation

My machine is back logged and I have some very simple parts that need to be done. I need 100 pcs. for now. It's a knurled stop, 1" diameter 303 stainless, .5" thick, with a .376" hole reamed or bored through. Nothing is real critical other than the through hole has to be .276" +.001 -.000 and the faces need to faced not just parted off. The edges need to be broken with approximately a .02" x 45 chamfer on the outside diameter and hole diameter. I've attached a rough drawing and a photo of the part. I'd like to get some quotes and lead times with you supplying the material and USPS flat rate shipping. Thank You.

PM sent with quote. Thank you.

Dualkit

$ 3.50 per - FOB - Collect until business relationship is established. Then net 30 days.

28 day lead time. Can advance if needed.

Regards,

L. Claude Jolicoeur
Collins Machine
1812 Boxelder Street
Louisville, Colorado 80027
Cell - 303-870-7340
E mail - claude.jolicoeur@collins-machine.com

Best to PM your quotes, things have gotten real competitive in here, and I guarantee someone will look at your price and quote under even if they were thinking of going higher. By posting your price for all to see you have zero chance of winning the bid.

hanntech

1" medium knurled 303 ss stop, qty 100 pcs including ground shipping:

$3.00 ea Lead Time 5-7 days

Thank You

Tim Napier
HANN Technology LLC
1437 Cox Ave Erlanger, KY 41018
859-282-7235
tim.napier@hanntechllc.com
www.hanntechllc.com

James Fritz

Manufacturing and Machining

Hello,
My name is James Fritz with Integral Automation Systems, Inc. (Machining division). I would appreciate the opportunity to supply you with competitive quoting. Please allow us the courtesy to offer you our services for cost affective machining. I would be glad to provide you with any information you require for becoming a supplier. Integral Automation is a reliable and valuable source for competitive quoting and providing your company with quality machined products and services .

Integral Automation has over 30 years of experience in the automation and machining industry. We offer a full service machine shop with experienced product designers, programmers and machinist using latest 3D CAD/CAM software for programming complex mold, tool and die work, to fast efficient production runs. Our machining division is equipped with a full line of CNC machines and conventional machines, also a full service welding and fabrication shop, assembly and installation departments.

Our facility supports 100% of all projects and products we produce. Each department is repeatedly cross trained to increase their efficiency in a constant effort to reduce cost to our customers. Please feel free to contact my staff and I, we would be glad to answer any questions you may have or discuss how we can serve your needs .

Thank you,
James Fritz
sales manager- machining Division
Integral Automation Systems, Inc.
2003 Burgess Falls Road
Cookeville, TN 38506
Phone: (931) 432-4504
Fax: (931) 432-2709
Email jfritz@integralautomation.com

gdlocati

Does anyone agree with me that open posting of quotes creates a reverse auction and guarantees the person posting his price has no chance at winning? Or am I wrong for thinking this?

I agree. I do not think qoutes should be made availible for others to view. Although knowing the low bid helps in decideing if we want to take the time to qoute the job and would save the purchaseing agent time by not having to go through so many qoutes. So, there are really two sides to it.

Last edited:

WynPro

It has its advantages and disadvantages.

1) by posting pricing if i cant beet it i don't have to waste my time.

2) By not posting pricing we could spend all day quoting and not get anything.

It's starting to look like MFG.com around here. Many larger shops must be hurting to come bid on minimal work at low ball pricing here. When and if things pickup they will drop this kind of activity in a heartbeat.

kcarlin

Carlin's Machine Co.,Inc.

PM sent with quote. Thank you.

I Have a Twin Spindle Lathe that this part would run nicely on and can Send you the first 100 pcs on 1 week for $2.50. If this is a repeat job I would like to run 200 and keep 100 here til you need them. Shipping would be paid by you from 64850 area

Status
Not open for further replies.