Small Job Quote Needed 2 Small Aluminum Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadocherokee

1) Material type: Doesn't matter - preferably aluminum with high strength. Probably 6061 or something similar. These parts will be used on a bicycle, so strength and weight are the most important consideration.

2) Is a material quote required or is material supplied: You will supply the material.

3) Quantity: Two, mirrored. One for each side of the bike. See drawing for more info. First two are prototypes for my bike and once I test them out, might order more for a small run production piece.

4) Drawings or necessary specs: See attached dxf - Can provide other formats if necessary.

5) Required time frame: ASAP but don't need the job rushed if it will cost more money - Tyring to keep this as cheap as possible.

6) RFQ ending time: 1 week

7) Help in technical areas: See dwg. I'm an architect by trade so I have a good understanding of design/drawing, but I'm not familiar with machining. If you see anything of concern, please do not hesitate to ask questions.

8) Special treatments/finishes: None, bare/milled finish is fine. If you have the capability to anodize black or powder coat black let that be known and provide a separate quote. Not a deal breaker if you can't do it. Like I said, I'm trying to keep the cost down and make this part work first and foremost.

NOTE: Hole on the end of the part should be tapped for a 6.0mm x 1.0mm hex bolt. See dwg for more info.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM or email at daveauerbach [at] hotmail.com

Thanks!

Attachments

• FINAL DESIGN.dxf
    1 MB · Views: 91

Dualkit

My viewer I use for DXF files can't pick up the dimensions, but I can see the basic shape. The first hint for cost savings would be to design the corner radii in the two pockets as large as possible, the larger the cutter the faster it can be ran. 6061 is going to keep the costs the lowest.

nadocherokee

It seems like a lot of people are having problems with the DXF file. I'm going to upload the other formats I have. This is a relatively small part - it measures 25mm x 60mm x 13mm for those of you that can't pull dimensions in a DXF viewer.

nadocherokee

Here is a PDF of the part. It is not dimensioned but if you print it without scaling, it is 1:1.

Attachments

• FINAL DESIGN.pdf
    96.9 KB · Views: 66

nadocherokee

Looks like I can't upload any of the other formats I have. If you would like a different format, email me and I can send it over.

Here is what I have:
AutoCAD 2007
AutoCAD 2000
AutoCAD R14
DXF 2007
DXF 2000
DXF R14
SAT

zcases

Nadocherokee - I am also an avid cyclist and have some ideas for this part. PM coming....

Do you have a solid model file in IGES or STP format? That would be a big help. You can send it to zcases at frontiernet dot net

Thanks
Scott

cut more

Nadocherokee,
Hi, I just noticed you are in Boston. I am in southern N.H. Is this still open for Quote?

Thank you,
Eric

Dualkit

Drum roll please..............."And the job goes .................." ? Who gets it and how much? Just trying to figure out the market going rate.
sincerely,
Chananiel

I say someone just trying to fill time does them for $15 each in USA. I don't even bid on jobs like this any more.

nadocherokee

Hello everyone. Thank you for your quotes and your help with this project. The job has been awarded.

For those who are interested - the majority of the quotes were in the $40-80 range with a few coming in above and below that.

I look forward to working with you all on my future projects. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.