What do you think of the site so far?

Amilo

Vetter-CNC
Greetings, :)
I belive this site has the potential to get things rolling for the smaller companies. Ive seen other RFQ sites that want unbeliveable prices for their services. I also hope that this site will become internationaly know as for my services are located in Europe.

Keep up the great work! ;)

Russell Smith, SVP, Vetter-CNC Münster, Germany

Ken_Shea

Great Paul, it is obvious that a lot of thought went into this
I especially like the separation of various types of machining RFQ's needs.

Ken

BTW, Ohio is Midwestern and not North Eastern, wouldn't want to taint their status :D

pyroracing85

Ken_Shea said:
Great Paul, it is obvious that a lot of thought went into this
I especially like the separation of various types of machining RFQ's needs.

Ken

BTW, Ohio is Midwestern and not North Eastern, wouldn't want to taint their status :D

Opps! I did that I will fix it though.

Ken_Shea

Don't forget this was my idea also.

I obviously missed the post that stated who's idea this was,

Who is you :D

lwalker

I think it's a great idea.
Even though my specialty is not a metalworking one, I like knowing I can come here to have someone quote on work that's beyond the capability of my shop.

pyroracing85

lwalker said:
I think it's a great idea.
Even though my specialty is not a metalworking one, I like knowing I can come here to have someone quote on work that's beyond the capability of my shop.

glad to have you here.

anenadic

anenadic

Hi Paul,
I have just joined the RFQ Work, and I am in process of familliarizing myself with it.
You've done a great job, from what I can tell so far.
I have a Machine Shop ( Milling, Turning, Surface Grinding, Cylindrical Grinding, etc.), and I hope to be a frequent visitor/participant of this community.

Best Regards,
Anton N. Fab-Tech Co.

Slater

Great site!
I agree with Amilo, other RFQ sites are outrageously expensive, especially for very small shops like mine. Thanks for the opportunity to network with other metal workers and bid on work :D.

L. Slater

srw

I think it is a great site and am looking forward to more in near future as I am sure will come as people learn of this site. I was just approached last week by a rfq. site ,whoa , they wanted incredible money for a small shop it was not reasonable.
Thank You, SRW

James Cartmill

Nice to find a site like this. A good way for small operations to
promote and market their services. Keep up the good work.

James Cartmill Turning & Machine Shop Services.

pyroracing85

thanks everybody so far for posting and quoting jobs.

To help us expand to better provide jobs to the customer (you) tell everybody you know in the industry

-garrett p.
admin

Micro Turn

More RFQ's

I thought this site is a wonderful idea, but after checking it daily for the past couple weeks. I really think that you should spend more time marketing the site to prospective buyers instead of just advertisers. I see you have tons of different banners running all the time. I am assuming these are all paying sponsers? But the amount of rfq's never changes... well it does but not by alot. I guess when it comes to the $20.00 a month for membership it's a really good deal... But then agian you get what you pay for... Now a days 20 bucks is like a dollar 10 years ago. I would rather pay $600 a month to MFGqoute.com, atleast I have the opportunity to quote thousands of dollars of work per day, and the buyers there respond to e-mails sent. And I know I am dealing with a company with a credit rating, not some kid using his dads computer....( tire kickers ) Also on the other site, it is free for buyers... which I would think is more apealing than paying $20.00 a month for quotes... Just my opinion on how to make this place a little better... Take it or leave it

pyroracing85

Micro Turn said:
I thought this site is a wonderful idea, but after checking it daily for the past couple weeks. I really think that you should spend more time marketing the site to prospective buyers instead of just advertisers. I see you have tons of different banners running all the time. I am assuming these are all paying sponsers? But the amount of rfq's never changes... well it does but not by alot. I guess when it comes to the $20.00 a month for membership it's a really good deal... But then agian you get what you pay for... Now a days 20 bucks is like a dollar 10 years ago. I would rather pay $600 a month to MFGqoute.com, atleast I have the opportunity to quote thousands of dollars of work per day, and the buyers there respond to e-mails sent. And I know I am dealing with a company with a credit rating, not some kid using his dads computer....( tire kickers ) Also on the other site, it is free for buyers... which I would think is more apealing than paying $20.00 a month for quotes... Just my opinion on how to make this place a little better... Take it or leave it

a lot of the advertisers are transfered over from cnczone.com. I am trying to market the site to prospectice buyers. Although we are trying to market the site we cannot control the rfqs. You still have to think this site has only been up for about a month now and a few of those were during the holidays. And another thing we cannot control if the buyers respond to the emails. Maybe I can think of another way to contact the buyers.

pyroracing85

And yes mrfquote is a big site and pretty organized and yes you do get what you pay for what 600 a month. I heard a lot of what you call "tire kickers" go on there. Also it is 600 a month but you DO need a a year contract so that makes it to be about 5k membership. That is a lot of money for these small job shops that are just starting out. So that is what we do. We are here for the small job shop to help them get on their feet and suceed in this very competitive world of manufacturing.

-garrett

also thanks for your comments keep them coming

madeline

The thing I like about MFG Quote isn't the $600 per month, but the feedback you get after a job closes. Usually within a week you can go back to a RFQ you quoted on to see what the item went for, along with the lowest, average, and the highest quote the buyer received. I also like the ratings they give you on the buyers, you can read the feedback from all the shops that have done work for them in the past. Also as a manufacturer, the buyer rates you on quality, delivery, and responsiveness. That allows future buyers to view your profile. Most people think that the buyers always go for the lowest price, from what I've seen on MFG, this is not the case. In most situations, a lot of the jobs we have received was because we have good reviews from all the customers we have dealt with, not because we were the lowest price. Don't get me wrong, you still have to be competitive with your pricing.

For the short amount of time you have had this site up and running I think you have done a good job with it. However, I probably won't be subscribing to it at this time. I would definately be interested if there were some changes in the future as mentioned above.

pyroracing85

madeline said:
The thing I like about MFG Quote isn't the $600 per month, but the feedback you get after a job closes. Usually within a week you can go back to a RFQ you quoted on to see what the item went for, along with the lowest, average, and the highest quote the buyer received. I also like the ratings they give you on the buyers, you can read the feedback from all the shops that have done work for them in the past. Also as a manufacturer, the buyer rates you on quality, delivery, and responsiveness. That allows future buyers to view your profile. Most people think that the buyers always go for the lowest price, from what I've seen on MFG, this is not the case. In most situations, a lot of the jobs we have received was because we have good reviews from all the customers we have dealt with, not because we were the lowest price. Don't get me wrong, you still have to be competitive with your pricing.

For the short amount of time you have had this site up and running I think you have done a good job with it. However, I probably won't be subscribing to it at this time. I would definately be interested if there were some changes in the future as mentioned above.

THank you for the comment. That was really useful