V-Roller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat

Part: V-Track Roller

Qty: 26 pcs.

Material: I have A6 spec'ed out for the part but if you'd like to suggest a different material, I'm all ears.

I called out tolerances...if they are tight let me know.

No rush on the parts let's say 2-3wks from acceptance of bid.

I need a quote for work & material as well as shipping to 02151.

There is a 1/32 radius allowed on the step in the bore

Attachments

• V-roll.pdf
    15 KB · Views: 77

dkowalcz

Tolerances look good overall, I think you probably want the bore to be:

rather than .866 +/-.001 for the size bearing you're pressing in - otherwise half of them rattle in the holes. I assume you want this all hardened and ground, right?

Not sure I'd be able to make this economically for you anyway, just clarifying.

Goat

dkowalcz said:
Tolerances look good overall, I think you probably want the bore to be:

rather than .866 +/-.001 for the size bearing you're pressing in - otherwise half of them rattle in the holes. I assume you want this all hardened and ground, right?

Not sure I'd be able to make this economically for you anyway, just clarifying.

I realize that -.001 on the bearing bore is a little flakey but I didn't want to over tolerance the part. I can mess with loose bearings at the assembly stage. These are pieces are for a proof of concept/prototype...hardening and grinding is not required.

DareBee

If you are not going to harden them but are wanting something very durable (I assume that is why you asked for tool steel) why not use pre-hardened 4140?

Very common and easy to work with.

dkowalcz

Goat said:
I realize that -.001 on the bearing bore is a little flakey but I didn't want to over tolerance the part. I can mess with loose bearings at the assembly stage. These are pieces are for a proof of concept/prototype...hardening and grinding is not required.

That's good info, thanks. I can't beat HunterDesignMan though, I can go to about $23 each and that's it.

machineguy

Hi Goat, I could produce these for 18.00 each out of A2 or 4140 whichever you prefer. Shipping to your zip 02151 is 9.99.Total parts,mat.labor and shipping 477.99.I can get started on this later this week if awarded the bid.

Thanks Tom
Cutting Edge Machine

Goat

Gents,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to quote this part. I have come across a vendor that carries a similar wheel for a substantially low price. I am going to go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.