Quote needed on 6061 Aluminum parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drassk

I need quotes for 10,50,100 of these parts in 6061 Aluminum, you provide material.

Also, if you wish, quote the part without the hole(s) drilled in the center in those same quantities.

Dimensions should be accurate +- 0.002. Part finish needs to be sufficient for a smooth surface when powder coated. 125 or better, quote with better finishes if you wish.

I'll be considering all the factors and awarding the quote over the next week. I'm only accepting quotes from North America and would prefer a Canadian company. Please include shipping to B3H 3W3 (Halifax, Nova Scotia) in the quote, as well.

Send quotes and questions through PM or e-mail here. If you need the file in other formats, they can be provided. Any additional info, just ask.

Attachments

• part3514.zip
    18.8 KB · Views: 135

Drassk

The file is a zipped IGS file, I haven't run into any CAM software that won't read IGS. If you need to extract the ZIP, you can download WinZip.

I can post the part in most 3D solids formats. It has 3D contours, so it's not possible to make it on a manual lathe. So, if you can't take 3D drawings then you can't do the job, anyway.

If there are any format requests, I'll zip up a copy of those. I have Rhino and Mastercam.

DareBee

I suppose they are 3D contours.

BUT it is entirely untrue that people will need a 3D CAM software to do this job.
It is 2 axis lathe work that can easily be programmed by hand (from a detailed print) or on a conversational controller.

Drassk

Darebee, you're absolutely right about the program being 2D rather than 3D. I have a Fadal here so, from a milling standpoint, it's 3D to me but I forgot how things are different on the lathe.

I've never outsourced a part before, and so I don't even have any software for making prints. I have this DWG in this file if that will work for someone. It has all the contours.

Attachments

• cap.zip
    6 KB · Views: 34

DareBee

It Only makes an extra hour work for me as is.
I am sure you noticed I sent you pricing.
I use SolidWorks and would have to make a print with co-ordinates to use for programming my conversational lathe.
I am not familiar with the workings of Rhino, I kinda assumed it had the capabilities to make "shop floor" prints and save as dxf option.
Others might need a DXF or DWGbut I am good.
I have a 4 axis Fadal as well.
Later

Drassk

I'm only taking quotes from North American shops. I can't deal with the turnaround time nor the shipping cost from overseas.

I'm taking more quotes today and then closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.