Request For Quote- Propellor hub for RC airplane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julc3

I would like a 3-bladed propeller hub milled out of aluminum.

There are two parts (see attached picture):
1) Back half in purple.
2) Front half in blue.
Each half can be milled from 1" think x 3" diameter aluminum stock.

1) Material type
Aluminum, 2011-T3

2) Is a material quote required or is material supplied.
Material quote required.

3) Quantity
Quote for 1, 5, and 10.

4) Drawings should be immediately available or necessary specs.
See attached drawing. Detailed AutoCAD drawings and 3D models available upon request.

5) Required time frame
No rush.

6) RFQ ending time
Feb 29, 2008

7) Full contact information should be supplied upon first contact by email from both parties, neither should have to reply to @.com

8) If you the RFQ poster needs help in some of the technical areas then that should be made know initially.
I'm a CNC newbie, but I do know AutoCAD. I would also appreciate suggestions to help reduce machine cost/time.

9) Make known any special treatments/finishes not necessarily related to the machining process.
No special treatments/finishes.

Attachments

• parts.jpg
    parts.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 141

Chuck L

Adding as large a fillet blend at external and internal intersections will reduce the cost on these. I see know problems otherwise. It would be helpful for an accurate quote to load the models in my cam system. is it possible to get them for quoting?
parasolid, stp, iges will be fine
I'd be glad to work with you
Thanks

Julc3

A fillet radius no larger than 2.5 mm can be added toall inside edges and corners, EXCEPT on the semi-circular rings near the 3 openings (those need to be sharp edges).

Tolerances on the interior surfaces are more important than the exterior surfaces. I don't really know, but +/- 0.005" seems okay with me.

The holes on the rear half are supposed to be threaded with 6-32 threads in the original design. But to reduce CNC costs, I just replaced then with the pilot hole size, 0.120" diameter. I'll thread tap the holes by hand myself.

Before the weekend is over, I will e-mail out updated drawings with fillets added. I can only provide AutoCAD .dwg files, and export to .sat and .stl. I hope these file formats are okay with you guys.

Thanks,
Josh

Huebert Machine

cnc mill shop
Huebert Machine,LLC.

This looks to some project you hace going.I am not sure i can do this part but it looks fun.If you would like to call and talk about a quote please call our shop at 1-913-837-0255 and ask for Kelly.Thank you for your time.

There are two parts (see attached picture):
1) Back half in purple.
2) Front half in blue.
Each half can be milled from 1" think x 3" diameter aluminum stock.

1) Material type
Aluminum, 2011-T3

2) Is a material quote required or is material supplied.
Material quote required.

3) Quantity
Quote for 1, 5, and 10.

4) Drawings should be immediately available or necessary specs.
See attached drawing. Detailed AutoCAD drawings and 3D models available upon request.

5) Required time frame
No rush.

6) RFQ ending time
Feb 29, 2008

7) Full contact information should be supplied upon first contact by email from both parties, neither should have to reply to @.com

8) If you the RFQ poster needs help in some of the technical areas then that should be made know initially.
I'm a CNC newbie, but I do know AutoCAD. I would also appreciate suggestions to help reduce machine cost/time.

9) Make known any special treatments/finishes not necessarily related to the machining process.
No special treatments/finishes.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.