Need big hammer made...

Status
Not open for further replies.

txlegaldealer

1) Material type, Stainless steel...Open to other steel...(no aluminum)
2) Is a material quote required or is material supplied. Material quote required
3) Quantity #1
4) Drawings should be immediately available or necessary specs. I will try to attach photos with this post
5) Required time frame I need this by Oct.31st 2007
6) RFQ ending time, Not sure.Oct.10th? Needs to be shipped by around the 20th to get to me by Oct.31st
7) Full contact information should be supplied upon first contact by email from both parties, neither should have to reply to @.com Contact me by email @ txlegaldealer@yahoo.com
8) If you the RFQ poster needs help in some of the technical areas then that should be made know initially. Not to picky or specific on this, Just needs to look lke the picture
9) Make known any special treatments/finishes not necessarily related to the machining process. No special treatments or finishes needed

I need a hammer made up for a halloween costume. I am going to be a viking and would like a big hammer made up that looks pretty close to the photos. The example in the photos was loosely based upon this book cover I will also enclose.
It needs to be just at 36" long and the head needs to be around 9" long with about a 3" diameter head.
I'm 6' tall so about the only thing that is set is the 36" long from the butt of the handle to the top of the hammer head so I can stand up with my hand on the hammer head and the handle on the ground. I don't know what would be the best route to attach the handle, either a press fit or threads? I'll leave that up to the maker but it definately has to be a solid working hammer, something I can really use, not just some aluminum prop.
The only thing I really want different on the head is that the square in the middle has sharp edges and I would rather not have the sharp edges and corners (except for the point on top and at the pointed end of the head), needs to look a bit more like the book cover.
As far as the round stock for the handle I am pretty open to that also, 1"? 1 & 1/2", Whatever it seems like would work the best.
The handle in the photo has sharp edges on the rings above and below the leather wrap. I would like those rings to be rounded off also like the book cover pictures. Not sure how those rings are on the handle? Is that the original bar diameter and the rest of the handle has been turned down? Whatever works.
I prefer to pay with paypal but am open to other options if required.
Also If I get a good quote I can pay immediately and close the request.
Thanks for anyone who takes a look at this and if this is in the wrong forum section can a moderator move it to the right area and send me a pm? This looked to fit the best for this.
Jeremiah

Attachments

• gooodshot2.jpg
    gooodshot2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Hammer from cover.jpg
    Hammer from cover.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 84
  • bestheadshot.jpg
    bestheadshot.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 78

txlegaldealer

I'm leaving tomorrow to San Diego to have hip surgery so I will be out untill the 16th. I've had one quote so far on this and would like to get some more. I'll be able to post a response on the 16th to close this out. *it doesn't have to be stainless, I'm open to just about anything other than aluminum. Thanks for all interested and the PM's

Status
Not open for further replies.