Conversion Plates

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfqmechmags

1) Material type: ALuminum 7075 or sim, steel is a consideration

2) Is a material quote required or is material supplied: Quote required/preferred

3) Quantity: 1 to verify prototype, followed by a small production run

4) Drawings should be immediately available or necessary specs.: Attached, pdf and or dwg file available upon request

5) Required time frame: ideally prior too 11/23/07 time flexible

6) RFQ ending time: 11/23/07 but this is an open ended project until i get functional protoype

I have little to no knowledge in metal work. This concept to me includes drilling, cutting and bending based off a material thickness of .0625. These plates will be slaving/combining two independant items into a single actuation device. There will be light stresses involved during end use so the plates need to be structurally sound with no apparent flex.

JDO2007COMBOPLATES.jpg

DareBee

Production run of those parts would be best done in a fabricater. This is definately not a milling job.
"No apparent flex" is not an acceptable condition. You would need the outer piece made from 1/4" steel to achieve MY minimum considerations (How strong are you?).
If you need R&D done on this assembly, you should have it quoted seperately before you ask for parts to be made.
This CAN'T be made from 7075 (or even 6061). It is not formable material. If you need aluminum 3003 (utility grade) is required (16ga aluminum is easily bendable by hand). If rigidity is big concern steel or SS should be used.

1 SET $710
Each addition set built on same order $15
If you are looking for a big run of these requote is required.
+/- 0.020"
Shipping/brokerage $110 (up to 40# package)

If you desire machined component type tolerances on these parts add a 1 in front of those prices.
CAD data is required.

Derek

toolspec

Tool Specialties Company
I would take another approach to this project. I would suggest to make the 1st prototype model, test it, then come back for an rfq for hard tooling possibly a stamping die depending on the annual volume.
i would like to see a cad mosel or at least a pdf file of the part in order to quote.

Jerry K.
Tool specialties Company

kevin45

This CAN'T be made from 7075 (or even 6061). It is not formable material. If you need aluminum 3003 (utility grade) is required (16ga aluminum is easily bendable by hand). If rigidity is big concern steel or SS should be used.

I'm not quoting on this but it can be made from 6061-0 and then heat treated if done in a die. With the size given it may be able to be formed in 5052-H32 also. It can also be done in 6061-T4 and bent in a brake if the inside radii are at least material thickness and the grain direction goes opposite the direction of the bends.

Status
Not open for further replies.