Anybody looking for a product line to produce?

Hey all,

I'm sure you've seen this part on here before as some of you have quoted the machining of it. I've gotten to the point where I just can't put the time or effort into it anymore and would like to give the opportunity for a shop or other business to take over. This product can easily be added to a current companies inventory or, used as a starter product for a startup company.

THE PRODUCT:

1.jpg
2.jpg

Dimensions: ~4"x11"x2"
Material: Aluminum (6061 or 7075)
Critical tolerances: +.002"/-.000" (all other +-.005")

I have sales and distributor leads, I can provide machine programming for Haas mills and other support based on price negotiations. 3d models in .sldprt, .igs, etc.

When i cut this part using a Haas TM-1 (very small, slow mill) it was about an hour and a half of cutting time. Which could be significantly reduced with a better machine.

My set retail price was $249.99 with a ton of interest. I estimated and achieved production run cost at about $110 per part including anodizing at quantities of 20 parts per run. That's over 50% margin.

I have valued the product lines potential at over $100,000 per year right away.

So anyway, I am opening this up for inquiries, and am willing to negotiate price. I have have an idea of what i want to get out of it, but I am willing to negotiate.

I HAVE A LOT OF RESEARCH A VALUABLE BUSINESS INFORMATION THAT I CAN OFFER WITH THIS PRODUCT LINE, SO PLEASE INQUIRE. LET ME KNOW YOUR NEEDS AND WE CAN START TALKING.

lavrgs

Has there been any FEA done on this item? Taking over a product like this can be risky if there is no data to support the engineering required to ensure that it is safe. The value of this is not in having files to create it, anyone can do that.

We have done numerous tests on the part to determine it's safety factory.

All of which resulted in this part outperforming the stock clamp.

For example, one our physical stress test revealed failure for this clamp at just above 17500 lbs, while the stock clamp failed at 11000lbs.

attachment-attachmentid_819-d_1221498354.html

Attachments

• vh05-study 1-stress-stress2.jpg
    vh05-study 1-stress-stress2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 160

jecnc

jecnc
If you are still exploring options, I would like to help you with your project. I am just starting up and looking for something exactly like this to run on my Haas VF3-SS. I would appreciate your consideration. Please contact me at jecnc@rocketmail.com with contact information to discuss.

Thank you for your time.

Duane Jennings
Jennings Enterprises, LLC

bobk

Has there been any FEA done on this item? Taking over a product like this can be risky if there is no data to support the engineering required to ensure that it is safe. The value of this is not in having files to create it, anyone can do that.

FEA are only as good as the information plugged into the program. Real world testing should be done before you market something like this. I would talk to an insurance company that offers product liability insurance and a Lawyer prior to pursuing this or any other product. Sometimes the cost to cover your @$$ costs more than the you profit. Especially, if it's a low volume product.