Request For Quote- Aluminum brace. RFQ will end on 2/10/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

xitian

I need to have a single custom brace milled in 6061 aluminum. This brace could be milled from either a solid piece of aluminum or milled as four separate pieces and then bolted or tig welded together. My preference for fabrication of this brace is the cheapest method of the two. The quote should include the material cost and shipping. This RFQ will end on 2/10/2008 and the brace should be shipped by 3/1/2008. The finished part will need to ship to zip code 37377. Please provide a quote with and without a clear anodized finish.

Please post your quote here and do not ask me to email you a drawing as I have provided links to the files here. I will of course provide the winning bidder any information / files they might need for production.

Thanks

Z-Brace.dwg
Z-Brace.stl
Z-Brace.stp (Right click and save target as..)

Z-brace1.jpg

Z-brace2.jpg

Last edited:
We can make your part but your cost will be in the $1000 range, if that is still within budget let me know and I will prepare a more accurate quote. You did not mention overall tolerances.

sclasson

What if any surface finish req are there for this part?
what are the tolerances for the part?
If welded should all or any edges be fully welded or can they be stitch welded?
If stitch welded what length and what spacing is preferred?

I need to have a single custom brace milled in 6061 aluminum. This brace could be milled from either a solid piece of aluminum or milled as four separate pieces and then bolted or tig welded together. My preference for fabrication of this brace is the cheapest method of the two. The quote should include the material cost and shipping. This RFQ will end on 2/10/2008 and the brace should be shipped by 3/1/2008. The finished part will need to ship to zip code 37377. Please provide a quote with and without a clear anodized finish.

Please post your quote here and do not ask me to email you a drawing as I have provided links to the files here. I will of course provide the winning bidder any information / files they might need for production.

Thanks

xitian

- No surface finshed is required.
- Tolerances should be 0.005+-
- I would prefer all edges be welded.

What if any surface finish req are there for this part?
what are the tolerances for the part?
If welded should all or any edges be fully welded or can they be stitch welded?
If stitch welded what length and what spacing is preferred?

bobk

Hello xitian
When you say all edges, do you mean solid weld on inside and out approx. 18 ft of weld bead?

xitian

Good question. To reduce costs let's just have the inside welded except for the top (7" x 8" piece) which would need welds inside and outside.
Thanks

Hello xitian
When you say all edges, do you mean solid weld on inside and out approx. 18 ft of weld bead?

xitian

Anyone else want to quote? So far I have two quotes. I think I can probably relax the tolorances some along the 48" length to +- 0.01. However the bolt holes need to be accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.