316l Boat Parts (updated Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Gordon

The company that bid on the work, and had submitted a quote we accepted, has pulled out without notice (well, they have stopped responding to repeated emails and phone calls), so we are open to new quotes.

I need a quote for the CNC milling of 4 2-piece boat parts, from 316L 8" diameter x 7" long stainless rod (material provided). I do not have the machining capacity to undertake the work. As will be seen, each part is an inner and outer assembly. Previously, they were assembled from a formed flange welded onto a tube.

To help with the quote, I have attached are STEP files for one side of the boat (the other side is almost identical). Final files will be provided once price is agreed. The ZIP file also contain the size of the stock to be provided - it will be solid when shipped, and will need 5.3" dia hole (4 individual pieces).

The faces that are seen (those in the photo) and the inside of the tube section must be fine finish (better than 100 grit). The other faces can be left at roughed out.

PIPES2.JPG

Attachments

• CAM v2 files.zip
    374.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.