Waterjet, plasma, O/A shapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

whateg01

I need to see what it would cost to have some pieces cut out.

hcspwt01b.jpg

I need the sprint car sillouhette. I was having them cut by a relative, but due to his schedule, I can't rely on him for timely delivery.

I'm not sure yet, how many I would like to get at a time. Ideally, I suppose a 4x8 sheet worth would be good, but depending on the nesting done, the quantity could vary. So I guess this is kind of an open ended thing up for discussion. For reference, the piece protruding from the backside is 2" square tubing.

Here are some criteria:

1) Material type - HRS

2) Is a material quote required or is material supplied. - Mat'l quote needed

3) Quantity - TBD (min. 25)

4) Drawings should be immediately available or necessary specs. - available in dxf (or other TurboCAD compatible format) or as a MSWord doc.

5) Required time frame - samples needed ASAP - this would be a recurring thing, but I don't know how often I would need to place an order.

6) RFQ ending time - open - until I find a vendor I'm happy with. I will also check locally, as shipment could become expensive.

7) Full contact information should be supplied upon first contact by email from both parties, neither should have to reply to @.com

8) If you the RFQ poster needs help in some of the technical areas then that should be made know initially. - none known, but if ? ask.

9) Make known any special treatments/finishes not necessarily related to the machining process. - deburring (slag removal) preferred, but not required.

Tolerances are not critical, but for the sake of having them, let's say +/-0.050", but that is not a hard number.

Thanks for looking.

Dave

edit: Apparently, I forgot to put the thickness in the information above. 1/8" HRS. Sorry.

Last edited:

Gary Holliday

Waterjet Cutter

I got a brand new waterjet cutter that I can use to cut this. Provide the specifics including drawing and I can quote if the bid is still open. Let me know.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.