Request For Quote- Throttle body adapter flange (1/2" 6061 Aluminum Plate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drag_S14

6061 T6 Aluminum or equivalent
Material will not be supplied
QUote for 1, 10, and 20. Possible re-orders in the future.
Time frame is 2 weeks from order date

RFQ End Date: Wednesday, January 13.
email address: blakebonkofsky@geektuned.com

The only thing really flexible on the design is the outside filet'ing. If it needs to be changed slighty for ease/price, that is no problem.

The inboard set of 4 holes will be used to mount this adapter to the existing throttle bolt pattern on the intake manifold. Bolt holes are for 6mm bolts.

The outboard set of 4 holes is to mount the new throttle body to the adapter. Holes are 5/16 x 24 threaded.

The finished product would need to resemble this:

group-19565eee-e9b3-4c59-b4b0-e28b18c3fcfe-350.jpg

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• adapter.jpg
    adapter.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 101
  • adapter.DXF
    75.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Matt@RFR

I'm not going to bother quoting this because someone (probably several shops) are going to low-ball the hell out of this one. But, I will tell you that you can, in fact, export .dxf and .dwg files from SolidWorks.

Open a drawing with your part in it, and make sure the view is what you want the 2d file to be, and make sure it's at 1:1. Doesn't matter if it's off the 'paper'. Now, right click, edit format. Delete the title block and any other info you don't want, then right click and edit drawing. Save As, and select whatever file type you want.

This is helpfull for water jet, laser, etc.

Disclaimer: I'm not at my shop computer so some of my terminology may be incorrect.

Dualkit

What is your flatness call out? There will be guys quoting this from 1/2" plate with out milling the faces flat, most off the shelf plate will have around .010 of bowing from middle to outside edge. I would request "all sides milled" if you want a nice product that won't leak.

Drag_S14

I'm not going to bother quoting this because someone (probably several shops) are going to low-ball the hell out of this one. But, I will tell you that you can, in fact, export .dxf and .dwg files from SolidWorks.

Open a drawing with your part in it, and make sure the view is what you want the 2d file to be, and make sure it's at 1:1. Doesn't matter if it's off the 'paper'. Now, right click, edit format. Delete the title block and any other info you don't want, then right click and edit drawing. Save As, and select whatever file type you want.

This is helpfull for water jet, laser, etc.

Disclaimer: I'm not at my shop computer so some of my terminology may be incorrect.

Thanks for the tip. I've taught myself SolidWorks, so I'm sure there is a LOT I'm missing :) Changed my initial post to reflect the proper format.

Drag_S14

What is your flatness call out? There will be guys quoting this from 1/2" plate with out milling the faces flat, most off the shelf plate will have around .010 of bowing from middle to outside edge. I would request "all sides milled" if you want a nice product that won't leak.

Good call. I'm new to all of this machining stuff :)

I'm not sure what tolerance I should request. .01" from edge to center probably wouldn't make a difference, as there will be paper gaskets installed, especially since the bulk of the middle will be gone. The seal only needs to happen around the center hole.

Last edited:

BVI

Good call. I'm new to all of this machining stuff :)

I'm not sure what tolerance I should request. .01" from edge to center probably wouldn't make a difference, as there will be paper gaskets installed, especially since the bulk of the middle will be gone. The seal only needs to happen around the center hole.

As tolerance decreases, price increases... I would say .010 would be sufficient depending on what material you use for the gasket...

Drag_S14

Yes, the surfaces need to be flat and parallel. Thickness has some room to play with, it just needs to be fairly close to 1/2". I would say between thickness and flatness, flatness is definitely more important.

Dualkit

Somebody probably did it for material. I bid $13.25 for 20, and never heard back, I thought that was cheap, anybody else willing to share their price?

stang5197

Somebody probably did it for material. I bid $13.25 for 20, and never heard back, I thought that was cheap, anybody else willing to share their price?

Yeah that was very cheap. I bid $31.10 per 20, and that was based on +/-0.003 tolarance (including the thickness)

Dualkit

I only bid that cheap as I had the material, in the drop bucket so I only did $1.50 a pound. Also had a similar program, and the tools already loaded, also a vise and tooling plate in place. I figured I could have banged them out quick and bid at $45 an hour for the time it would have taken to finish with a major head start. I have won one job here in the last 3 months, I used to get one a week. I think the economy is not recovering at all for the manufacturing sector, at least not here anyway.

I was $20.00, $17.50, $15.00, I had the stock and did a similar part for wackaloo,except his had a c/l bore for a butterfly......Although I will interject that this guy doesn't like to answer e-mails and I won't do business with someone like that!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

trimi

cero tolerance machinist
I was $20.00, $17.50, $15.00, I had the stock and did a similar part for wackaloo,except his had a c/l bore for a butterfly......Although I will interject that this guy doesn't like to answer e-mails and I won't do business with someone like that!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

well I'll do it for 12.5 and very accuarate because aircarft is dead I REALLY need some to make my living

Dualkit

well I'll do it for 12.5 and very accuarate because aircarft is dead I REALLY need some to make my living

We aren't open bidding here, just sharing bids on a job that was never awarded.
Please stop the open bidding you won't get work that way, someone will surely undercut you.

Status
Not open for further replies.