RFQ: Toothed Trigger Wheel & Exhuast Flanges

Status
Not open for further replies.

kradicke

Two parts up for RFQ here.

Water / Plasma / Laser, don't really have a preference, as long as the parts come out with nice edges - especially on the trigger wheel. I can also supply the patterns in other file formats if desired DXF, DWG, IGES, etc), currently attached as PDFs.

Toothed Trigger Wheel, 7.5" diameter
Material is mild steel, ~1/8" thick - you supply
No additional finishing required.
Quantity: One (1)
Tolerances: -0.000 / +0.010"

Exhaust Manifold Flange (~9.75"L x ~2.75"H)
Material is mild steel, 3/8" thick - you supply
No additional finishing required.
Quantity: Four (4)

There will be the opportunity for higher quantities in the future, we're doing two one-off builds right now, prior to committing to longer production runs. I doubt any future run would ever exceed 20-30 units at a time.

Quote shipping to 13031 (all parts should fit into a USPS flat rate box), or if you're within 60 miles of Syracuse NY or Philadelphia PA, I may be inclined to pick up the parts. Make sure your quote includes your production time estimate.

I prefer to get my RFQs via the PM feature on this site. If you have a website or have some other method of displaying your abilities / previous work, please include that also.

This RFQ will be open for approx a week, might end it earlier if I receive a satisfactory quote soon enough.

Thanks,

KR

Attachments

• se-flange..pdf
    6.9 KB · Views: 45
  • trigger-final..pdf
    15.2 KB · Views: 45

WattsLaser

I would like to quote, but a fully dimensioned drawing, actual model would be necessary. DXF or DWG to scale would be the easiest way to accomplish this.

clemmie21710

Are you still taking quotes for these parts? Please let me know than I will have my boss quote them for you.
Dave Clem
CNC Programmer / Machinist
Hal - Pro Inc. Rockville Md
301-762-1223 Attn: Bob King

kradicke

Quote awarded, so I'm closing this thread. Received a few quotes from here on RFQ and also a few local quotes. Ultimately went with a local waterjetter, despite the fact that he took over two weeks to send a quotation, but he accepted the job yesterday and I was told it would be a week... and a voicemail he left this morning at 9AM saying they're finished, so I'll pickup this afternoon.

Pricing for the waterjet work locally was higher (~20%) on the four exhaust flanges than the lowest bid I received here on RFQwork. However, that was balanced by his quote for the trigger wheel which was 33% lower than the lowest quote I got here on RFQ. Also offsetting the slightly higher overall cost of going locally was that there was no shipping, and of course the turn around time not including any shipping time.

I've awarded bids before on RFQwork (different user account) but this time the local shop won out.

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.