Need info on poly-carbonate rewelding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron.

Tool is a 60 degree 3/8 engraving bit, feed at 50 ipm speed 10,000 rpm cut depth 0.02"-0.04". Chips weld to the edge of the cut. Any info will help.

razor600rr

Do you have the tool number and tooling brand unless you know it the cutter is coated and the numbers of flutes and was it new or close to New when run was started but sounds like its not running I high enough chip load on the cutter if its a two flute cutter you should be able to double the feed your running you have more than enough rpm and if you don't feel comfortable increasing the feed drop the rpm down some your only taking .0025 per tooth if its 2 flute so small chips heat up quicker than larger chips also when cutting materials like plastics and aluminum chip evacuation is needed more so than harder materials so cutters with more flutes like 6 flute end will have little room between the cutting edges to let the larger chips to come out as for harder materials tend to take more to heat up so smaller chips are not an issue.
Anyway try .008-.012 chip load
if the cutter is 2 flute it would be 160 IPM feed with spindle speed of 10000 RPM far as the depth of cut goes Idk how rigid your machine is but I think that depth you were using should do fine.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.