Request For Quote- Need 3 parts CNC milled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yianni - VJ

Hello,

I need to have these 3 parts CNC machined out of 6061 aluminum. I hope the illustrations are clear enough to get an estimate.

These parts are to be mounted on my own CNC, tolerances are of essence but so is budget...

Let me know.

Last edited:

Starlight

Starlight Machining
It’s not always true that you get what you pay for. There are many reasons why people quote what they do.

I think this guy is fishing for someone to do the legwork for him if this was for real then he would know that there is not enough info to make an accurate quote therefore wasting my time. I see a lot of this and nothing becomes of it, do they think by giving all the information needed to give an accurate quote we are going to steel the part make it ourselves and sell it on the street like a drug.

So for the people out there fishing for information on how much you should charge for a job beware, you could be miss led in the wrong direction. Learn to do the work yourself.

On the other hand if you can beat it than do it. If you can’t, then we will see if the lowest quote actually wins.

I do not know this person personally so I’m sorry if I have offended anyone.

Last edited:

firepoker1965

Quoting

I agree with Starlight.

I am using MFG.com.First let me say that I will not comment on MFG right now.Although I believe I am seeing "fishing" on the site.

I have been a Tool and Die maker for 20 plus years.I know my trade and based on the experience I have I can spot something that is "fishy".I don't see how someone can give an exact - down to the penny - type of quote without spending some real time on it.I can give someone a realistic "ball park" figure , but if something comes up to change the price - so be it.China has unbeatable pricing.But somehow , someway you will pay.

just my opinion of course,

tony

Yianni - VJ

Hello People,

Sorry to see i aroused suspicion regarding my RFQ. This was my first post here. My field is CAD Jewelry, some info about me can be found on www.virtual-jewelry.com. I m definitely not a machinist.

I can assure you i m not fishing in any way, I am aware my drawings where incomplete but i gathered it was enough to get an initial quote. Indeed the feedback I got was people asking me for more detailed drawings to send me a quote, so i contact them offline and send them the 3D files for a final quote.

Next time i post i will try to be more informative up front in order to avoid mix-ups.

I hope we cleared that up.

Yianni Andrikopoulos

Dualkit

It’s not always true that you get what you pay for. There are many reasons why people quote what they do.

I think this guy is fishing for someone to do the legwork for him if this was for real then he would know that there is not enough info to make an accurate quote therefore wasting my time. I see a lot of this and nothing becomes of it, do they think by giving all the information needed to give an accurate quote we are going to steel the part make it ourselves and sell it on the street like a drug.

So for the people out there fishing for information on how much you should charge for a job beware, you could be miss led in the wrong direction. Learn to do the work yourself.

On the other hand if you can beat it than do it. If you can’t, then we will see if the lowest quote actually wins.

I do not know this person personally so I’m sorry if I have offended anyone.

I think this person is legitimate, that is why I didn't think it is wise to post a price that starts the reverse auction process. To me the fishers as you call them are the guy who wants one boat propeller quoted. He has no idea what one costs, since he can buy a cast one for $100 he thinks his custom one is only going to cost $200. That is the only time I will openly quote a price so the $2,000 I put up gives the guy a realistic quote that will adjust his thinking. In that case my open posting of a price harms no one as the guy isn't going to pay $2,000 for one boat prop. Yianni appears legit he just left a few dimensions out and in his mind he honestly thought he provided enough information to get a price.

Starlight

Starlight Machining
I apologize if I have offended you Yianni Andrikopoulos , Sorry

The problem is not you personally it’s the people out there that ruin it for others. I have offered many quotes in the past and never heard another thing from them or even if the job had been awarded. It makes you suspicious after while and then you find yourself thinking should I quote this job or am I wasting my time. Anyways, sorry for venting on you we are all just trying to make a living.

Have a good day and may it be prosperous for all of us.

Dave

WynPro

Hello People,

Sorry to see i aroused suspicion regarding my RFQ. This was my first post here. My field is CAD Jewelry, some info about me can be found on www.virtual-jewelry.com. I m definitely not a machinist.

I can assure you i m not fishing in any way, I am aware my drawings where incomplete but i gathered it was enough to get an initial quote. Indeed the feedback I got was people asking me for more detailed drawings to send me a quote, so i contact them offline and send them the 3D files for a final quote.

Next time i post i will try to be more informative up front in order to avoid mix-ups.

I hope we cleared that up.

Yianni Andrikopoulos

Thank you Yianni for your additional input. There was enough info for this to be quoted in my opinion.

Thanks again,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.