Request For Quote- Milling a small 3D model in ABS

Status
Not open for further replies.

norbauer

Hi all,

I already work with a great shop that does manual and 2-axis CNC work, but sometimes I also need multi-axis milling of models for prototypes. To that end,
I am looking to establish an ongoing relationship with a small shop that can do milling of ABS and acrylic from my 3D models. My parts are generally sized 6" or less and fairly straightforward, so even a home machinist with a small multi-axis mill would probably be able to do 90% of the work I need. This is for hobby-related work for me, so my budgets aren't huge, but I'm always willing to pay fairly for good work. I'm also a hobby machinist myself, so I think you'll find me easy to work with. :)

I am attaching an example part for quoting, which I do actually want to get made. I need the part labeled "main body" in below linked assembly to be milled in ABS or another inexpensive material that will yield good resolution and surface finish. It will be used as a resin casting molding master.

Here is a link to the model where you can download the 3D model in your chosen format:
http://a360.co/1RhiW6E

Thanks!

Ryan

Zerodl

Hey There - We would definitely be interested in quoting anything you need. We are a small shop in Virginia. We have 4 VMCs,a few CNC lathes and all your basic manual equipment. We have 4th axis capabilities on 2 of our HAAS VMCs. Send me an email anytime landesdave1@hotmail.com or call me at 540-249-4640.

Thanks - Dave

birdsall2009

Ryan

My name is Jason Davis I believe we could be a good fit for one another. I work as a cnc programmer now and have several years experinece in multiaxis programming and I machine abs frequently. I currently have just ordered a machine and will be looking for work to begin cutting on withing the next 14 days. You could be my first customer with the highest priority of pleasing with home machinist pricing.

Please get ahold of me if you would like to explore the possibilities in the near future.

Thank You

Jason Davis

denise15

Hi all,

I already work with a great shop that does manual and 2-axis CNC work, but sometimes I also need multi-axis milling of models for prototypes. To that end,
I am looking to establish an ongoing relationship with a small shop that can do milling of ABS and acrylic from my 3D models. My parts are generally sized 6" or less and fairly straightforward, so even a home machinist with a small multi-axis mill would probably be able to do 90% of the work I need. This is for hobby-related work for me, so my budgets aren't huge, but I'm always willing to pay fairly for good work. I'm also a hobby machinist myself, so I think you'll find me easy to work with. :)

I am attaching an example part for quoting, which I do actually want to get made. I need the part labeled "main body" in below linked assembly to be milled in ABS or another inexpensive material that will yield good resolution and surface finish. It will be used as a resin casting molding master.

Here is a link to the model where you can download the 3D model in your chosen format:

Thanks!

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Did you ever get a shop to help with your work?

Hi all,

Thanks!

Ryan

thanks for your post and i am very happy to read this and i am interested to future business together.
i have a small machine shop and my rate is cheap and i want that i work for you.
can you contact me for cheap rate quote.
www.azamcnc.com
amberg47@gmail.com
info@azamcnc.com

protechmachining

Pro Tech Machining, Inc. is a machine and production shop specializing in small and large diameter turning and threading as well as milling and various other capabilities. We are located in Northwestern Pennsylvania and have 22 employees. We have continued to grow our business and expand our customer base by providing competitive quotes and quality parts in a timely fashion.

We machine all types of metals including aluminum, brass, bronze, hasteloy, inconel and titanium with stainless steels being our most commonly used material. We can turn all diameters up to 40” round CNC controlled. Please visit our website at www.protechmachining.net for complete details.

Please feel free to contact me. We look forward to the opportunity to do business with you. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Robert Butterfield

Sales

Pro Tech Machining, Inc.

21382 N. Norrisville Road

Conneautville, PA 16406

(814) 587-3200

(814) 587-3381 - Fax

rbutterfield@protechmachining.net

www.protechmachining.net

mnicholas77

Hi all,

Thanks!

Ryan

Ryan, my name is Nico, I run an active duty military owned/operated small machine shop out of Maryland. Check out sithechcustoms.com for more about me and my company. I'm interested in your part, but when I followed the A360 link the file has some artifacts in it. You can get ahold of me at sithech.customs@gmail.com if you want to send me the file directly. Thanks and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.