Laser cut quote needed, .25" wood/acrylic/foam material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerware

I need this grid made, and I don't care about the material as long as it is opaque (not transparent). It will be used to isolate light to these small square shafts. I've contacted two laser cutters who cannot make this cut and preserve the small 1mm walls. They have tried plywood and depron foam with no success.

If anyone thinks they can make this, let me know. I'm looking at making a few hundred. Material must be sourced by vendor, but time frame is loose. Thank you.

gridDiagram.jpg

Attachments

• gridDiagram.pdf
    53.8 KB · Views: 101

taperlocked

Hi,

We have a plasma cutter, and work closely with a friend who has lasers, water jets, and a huge oxy fuel. What would be your choice of material, or do you have a preferance? My email is wheelert15@gmail.com
Thanks,
Tim

inaflashlaser

You might do best with wood or mdf since plastics tend to melt. Adding tolerances to your drawing would be helpful too.

My laser isn't powerful enough to cut 1/4" wood without burning, but it shouldn't be hard to find someone who can.

Dit

Jerware....Has this been awarded? If not we stock and use a 6mm material that should be able to do what you want. Our laser is currently being recharged so it should be back up and running in the next week or so.
let me know.

Thank you,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.